2004 nissan altima ho alternator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpsubrian 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
Hey 12V,
I've been looking around online for a HO alternator for my 2004 Nissan Altima 3.5L. The only quote I could get for a "fits right out of the box" alternator for my model was $700. Considering many sites offer domestic model HO alts for more like $250, I was wondering if any of you knew if/where I could get a mounting bracket or kit to use one of the more affordable alts in my nissan?
thanks, Brian
P.S. 150-200 Amps
cpsubrian 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Still looking around for an HO. One online shop I spoke to said any alternator should work with the right mounting bracket. Is this true?
cpsubrian 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Guys,
I understand if no one has a direct answer to this question. Does anyone know of another place that might make a better resource?
thanks,Brian
bruno71088 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
i bought a h o alternator for my buick and they sent me the wrong one but i was in such a hurry instead of sendin it back i just made some brackets i did have to buy a little bit bigger belt but its been almost a year now without a problem
cpsubrian 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
Bruno,
thanks for the reply. How did you make the bracket. Is this something a local garage can do or would I need to find a metal fabrication shop or something?
bruno71088 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
not hard at all dude my buddy just grabbed to pieces of steel about an 1/8th to a 1/4 of an inch think to make sure it wouldnt bend or anything and just drilled holes in it for the proper size bolts to fit in used some washers so that it was sittin right where it needed to be and bolted it down. theres probly a more proper way to do it but this way has been workin fine for me

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic