icon

Custom Amp Display in Bench Seat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
midwayelec 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
I am working on a custom job on a 1995 GMC Sonoma with bench seating. I have an idea to mount the amplifier in the middle part of the seat with an acrylic piece displaying towards the cabin area. I have a couple ideas on how to do it, but was wondering if any of you had any ideas on it or have done something like this. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sean Cawby
Midway Electronics
Rensselaer, IN
219-866-3716
rk.mendoza 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey how is it going now do you have any pictures on how you want it or anything ideas if so it will help.
Ronnie E Mendoza
You can do anything you put your mind to.
midwayelec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2003 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Really no pictures because I've never seen it done before.... Basically I would tear out the padding in the seat, replace it with a wood frame to fit the amplifier, then on the outside (facing the cabin) i'd have the frame covered with plexi with a ABS border for a more flush look.... Hope you understand what I'm talking about and can give me some ideas... Hopefully I'll be able to vent the framing somehow... maybe holes in the top part of the frame with tubing coming out the back for a vent...
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sean Cawby
Midway Electronics
Rensselaer, IN
219-866-3716
midwayelec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2003 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
Does anybody have any ideas on this yet? It's been kind of slow in the shop and I want him to get in here so I can jump into this project.
Sean Cawby
Midway Electronics
Rensselaer, IN
219-866-3716
Dose3782 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2003 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hiya-
Heres a thought on your venting... I like the idea of running tubing. I would run a tube on each side centered on the amp and have a push pull fan setup kicked on with the Remote wire off the head to keep that amp cool. I take it your going to be running the ABS trim with the seating material attached underneath your trim to acheive that semi flush look? Also just for some fun ideas for the display, Paint the inside of the rack gloss white, and use neons. Or you could Scratch/Etch Your shop logo into the plexi and use leds drilled into the plexi hidden under your plastic trim to light your etching. That would be nice execpt for if it gets scratched, those scratches show up too. Just some thoughts for you! Good luck, and hopefully u will post pics when its all done!
-Kyle
midwayelec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2003 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
Well it looks like it might be awhile before I get to venture into this. The customer needed his money for something else at this time. But thanks for the ideas!
Sean Cawby
Midway Electronics
Rensselaer, IN
219-866-3716

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic