the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

98 accord 2dr remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zenica 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I have a question regarding a recent attempt to install an Audiovox Prestige 990a remote starter and 2-way alarm in my 1998 Accord. The guy putting it in has been putting these in for years so he is familiar with this product. After the install he started the c ar and my engine light came on along with the D light flashing. A quick review of the computer gave code P1705 which according to Honda is a trans code that is generated by after-market devices connecting to the starter cut relay circuit. He removed the alarm/remote start and cleared the code, the c ar is normal once again. Any ideas on how to install this or if I should use a DEI product instead? If I go with DEI then I will do the install myself. I did it on a 300Z so I am some what familiar with the process. Any and all help will be appreciated.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

When you had the issue, was it during a remote start, or with the key.?

In the astrochart they show an OE alarm bypass in a green plug behind the glove box The G connector (sounds right to me...starter cut/factory alarm, there might be a relationship here)

The wire is yellow with 2 silver dots. cut this wire the green plug side tag this to pin 87a of a relay, the other side of the wire goes to 85, and 30. 86 will be triggered with ground while running.

zenica 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply.

The code and flashing D was there when the car was both started with the key and by

the remote.

"The wire is yellow with 2 silver dots. cut this wire the green plug side tag this to pin 87a of a relay,

the other side of the wire goes to 85, and 30. 86 will be triggered with ground while running"

Would this apply to any remote start system? When you say 30 & 86 will be triggered with ground

while running, where do they get connected?

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

Where did he install the anti-grind/starter kill relay?  before or after the fuse box?  If installed after the fusebox .. will cause a series of CEL's as you have experienced ..

Also, what transponder bypass is he using?

Thanks to KarTuneman, I had a '99 Accord that I installed a CS 2wss-as on .. and had trouble with the OEM alarm triggering during every 5th or sixth remote start .. I went to the pass. fusebox.. found that green plug and relayed it to disconnect during remote start via status wire .. to temp. bypass the honda factory alarm.. that didn't pose any CEL's, however...

The search function is your friend.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

When you had the issue, was it during a remote start, or with the key.?

In the astrochart they show an OE alarm bypass in a green plug behind the glove box The G connector (sounds right to me...starter cut/factory alarm, there might be a relationship here)

The wire is yellow with 2 silver dots. cut this wire the green plug side tag this to pin 87a of a relay, the other side of the wire goes to 85, and 30. 86 will be triggered with ground while running.

Look closely..... there is a little dot after the number 30. It's a period. This where a sentance ends..... and another begins.98 accord 2dr remote start -- posted image.

zenica 
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

ah!

I saw it but diddn't recognize its importance until now.

Tomorrow I will check with the guy who did the install and get the answers for the questions above.

Thanks to everyone that posted a reply.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic