icon

samito easycar, prostar experience?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anaxagoras 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
So i've been on the search for a remote starter / alarm with claimed 1 mile range that also has an oled display. Also compatible with manual transmissions.
Compustar doesn't have oled
Clifford doesn't have the range on their oled only 1/4 mile.
I've found Samito electronics who makes prostar and easycar with both claim good range, oled display, and Manual tranny compatibility.
Does anyone have any experience with their products? Any good? or are they crap?
I think that prostar is their better product line? or are they both the same in a different package?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
i have used a easycar alarm well its not mine, but a guy i know. When i did the installation for him, eveyrthing was layed out nicely. pretty detailed diagram and very easy to use. Well maybe it was just me but had one hell of a time trying to program the passcode entry (RSP knock pad). but i can vouch that they are amazing units. The unit is made by the ex-head/lead engineer from compustar.  
anaxagoras 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Good to know someone has used them and likes them. Thanks for the reply
I guess now my issues is what is the difference between the easycar and prostar models. Or if it's just cosmetic like most of the DEI lines.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
stick with easycar line. prostar, i heard the manual and the feature is horrible. the user friendly is 5/10 and install is crazy because the manual/pinout is in half broken english. this is just from what i hear. Go with EASYCAR. they are awsome units.
anaxagoras 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Well, i initially thought the Samito line of products had a 1 mile range. I sent them an e-mail and it's only a half mile range.
I know claimed range is never as good in real life, which is why i want the best range i can get. I figure if i get half of it i'll be happy. Range has always been a complaint of mine with past units.
I want my cake and to eat it too with oled and 1 mile range, but it looks like no one has a product right now that delivers both of those.
yfz4fitty 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
I have a FireSun (ProStar) Alarm/remote start in my truck and I'm not sure about the range in distance but at my work I can start my truck in the basement where no cell phones get reception down there. Also my last alarm/remote start was a Viper 791xv I have noticed that the 2-way seems to respond a lil faster With the FireSun (ProStar) What I mean by that is when the alarm is triggered the remote alerts me almost instantly(1-2 seconds) my old viper seemed to take about 3-5 seconds.. The remote display is pretty cool also, Installation was pretty simple, But I am having an issue about when I disarm while remotely started it kills the engine..
anaxagoras 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
I'm somewhat torn now. I park a solid distance away from my car which is why the compustar is soo tempting to me with the claimed 1 mile range.
The easycar though seems like a solid unit and has the oh so awesome oled display.... but this leads me back to my original quandary...
anaxagoras 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, i'm still going to go with the Easy Car, the more I look at prices for the CompuStar the more i realize the extra range just isn't worth the cost.
Thanks for the help and info guys.
tedmond 
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
easy car has the same range as the compustar 2w900as. the pro line of compustar is another monster inside the unit with 1.5 km range (6000ft), its a tank.
evileagletalon 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
anaxagoras wrote:
I'm somewhat torn now. I park a solid distance away from my car which is why the compustar is soo tempting to me with the claimed 1 mile range.
The easycar though seems like a solid unit and has the oh so awesome oled display.... but this leads me back to my original quandary...
anaxagoras, what prices have you been seeing? Are the prices comparable?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic