Super cool remote functionality
Freakin good two way tape
Easy user config on the remote
cool vehicle disarm by induction numerical pad

Down sides;

Remote discharge in a record time
You need a night life to see the OLED, daylight is OLED ennemy
Remote is way too big
Range is really poor when there's obstacles (sorry to deceive but advanced testings proved that both Autostart or Compustar were performing a lot better with their TW LCD remotes.
OLED is a very expensive remote and easy to damage
Touch entry pad stops working when the contact pins damage the thin aluminium surface of the pad (no way to get another sticker alone)
Remote starter is not acurate as the two other brands named below, ignition sequence doesn't respect the ignition pattern required on most newer vehicles also a lot less installer features.
Antenna is ugly
Finaly I pulled it out of my car after two weeks using it, I could have kept it for the vehicle life if I would wanted but I wasn't impressed at all, except the first thrill to see the nice graphics on the remote which becomes of no interest after you showed it once to all your gadgets freak friends.
I'm not kidding, I scrapped the whole unit remote included the antenna still sticked in my windshield, I pull on it every once in a while when I sit in my car never have a freakin blade around :) That's what justifies the good TW tape comment

Don't do like me and finish with a spare antenna lol

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
anaxagoras 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
evileagletalon wrote:
anaxagoras, what prices have you been seeing? Are the prices comparable?
The easyCar is 250 + S/H. Then you need to find an installer or DIY.
The top of the line Compustar so Far i have seen prices between $800 and $900 supposedly installed. Then every shop i've called so far wants to charge me extra for the install because it's for an Audi.... My car doesn't have an imobilizer, and from what I understand from the Audi forms it's actually not too bad installing a starter on my car.
anaxagoras 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
racing_bidule wrote:

Personally, I didn't like my experience with the Prostar system;

Which prostar system did you have? Model number? Perhaps they've made improvements since?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
here in canada, its 550 installed for anyline of paging compustar. - exclude the Pro series. The 2W900FM is only 300 without install. at the shop i used to help out during the summer, we charge the same for all cars, but things such as trunk pop, or defroster comes extra 20 for each, but we always give discounts and etc. Easycar for 250 is sure a hell of a good price. units are available here as well for 650 installed - too much from what i see. I was planning to become a distributor for easycar but never had the time to do the paperwork.  
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic