icon

alpine monoblock amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eaks 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys.. heres the story.. my buddy picked up a type X setup (1 10" alpine type X and a MRDM1005/MRDM1105 amp).. I traded him my kicker L7 setup with kenwood kac amp for it.. This is just a temporary trade (we think).. but i cannot adjust the settings of the amp.. the 2 screws that you need to remove in order to remove the top faceplate are stripped to hell and cannot be removed..
I went to futureshop and talked to the stereo guy there and he said something about a Alpine RUX adapter.. I also read about a cable to connect to your deck (im running an apline IDA-X001 headunit) where u can controll all the gains and settings of the amp threw the deck (or with the rux threw a seperate control reciever)..
Now i was unable to find the rux or a cable that would garentee to work with my deck since its a new deck this year..
So my question is what do you guys think is the best way for me to be able to change the settings of the amp??
Thanks
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know how to change the settings on the amp, but I've never met a screw I couldn't extract.  Sometimes it gets ugly.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
tap in a little flat screw driver and that should allow you to turn them out, otherwise, drill the top of the allen screw until the head pops off, then remove the cover and use plyers to loosen the screws.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

If you have to LAST RESORT use a drill bit that is the same thread size fo the drill bit and drill out the screw.  If in doubt start with the smallest drill bit you have then go up from there. Just use some common sence. alpine monoblock amp - Last Post -- posted image.

eaks 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
ill try unscrewing them tomorrow night.. but if that doesn't work does anyone know where i can order the apline RUX-4180 from that ships to canada (at a reasonable price)
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic