icon

xk532 and the '05 magnum rt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tsmithlxix 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  

I've been trying to install an XK532 bypass kit on my '05 Magnum and I'm having trouble.  I've contacted bypasskit-dot-com a couple of times but have yet to hear from them or see my posting in their knowledgebase.  Anyway, here's the issue...  I've installed the kit per the instructions and from what I can tell the actual transponder "chip" is programmed.  I say so because when I try to start the car with a key "without" a chip, the car starts then shuts off after one second as it should.  Then when I use the same "unchipped" key while holding the transponder "chip" near the ignition, the car starts and remain on as it should.  Also, when I finally plug the kit into it's harness, the LED comes "on" but does not go "off" when a "chipped" key is inserted into the ignition as it should (per the manual).  Also when I press the reset button on the kit to enter the 'programming' stage, the LED doesn't flash as it's supposed to when it goes into programming mode.  And last but not least, when I activate the remote start on my alarm, the car starts but then shuts off after one second as if no bypass kit is installed.

It seems as though the kit is only "half" programmed.  Has anyone seen this happen before?  Coud it be that I bought the 'lemon' out of that lot?  Any ideas?

lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
Im sure youve done this, but check and check again all of your wiring connections? I installed mine with no problems on my 05 Mag, the XK532 Simplified things SO much, I would look it over and if you dont find a problem swap the unit...
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like the interface is NOT programmed and or you missed something , BTW I'm pretty sure you can only program chrysler bypasses once, just like a sentry key.
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
there are 2 programming sequences for the module. one does the non-transponder functions(lock/unlock etc), and the other learns the chip. it requires 2 functional keys to program the transponder part and 1 to program the data part. make sure you did both parts correctly. make sure the ring is correctly wrapped around the cylinder, if its a little off, the car won't start. if im correct as well, the light on the module will only turn off when you turn the key to ignition, not just when you put the key in. also, make sure your GWR(brown) wire from the module is connected to the correct wire as the module might not be triggering when you remote start. god luck
tsmithlxix 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  

lsondubz wrote:
Im sure youve done this, but check and check again all of your wiring connections? I installed mine with no problems on my 05 Mag, the XK532 Simplified things SO much, I would look it over and if you dont find a problem swap the unit...

I've looked over the wiring several times.  And have also totally uninstalled and installed the transponder a couple of times.  I hope I don't have to swap the unit.  After waiting on BypassKit, I think I've exhausted my return period.

soultinter wrote:
sounds like the interface is NOT programmed and or you missed something , BTW I'm pretty sure you can only program chrysler bypasses once, just like a sentry key.

Yes, it says in the manual that you can only program the transponder once.  Problem is, it doesn't seem to be programmed BUT the thing I need to figure out is does it THINK it's programmed enough that it won't let me fix it?

dre187 wrote:
there are 2 programming sequences for the module. one does the non-transponder functions(lock/unlock etc), and the other learns the chip. it requires 2 functional keys to program the transponder part and 1 to program the data part. make sure you did both parts correctly. make sure the ring is correctly wrapped around the cylinder, if its a little off, the car won't start. if im correct as well, the light on the module will only turn off when you turn the key to ignition, not just when you put the key in. also, make sure your GWR(brown) wire from the module is connected to the correct wire as the module might not be triggering when you remote start. god luck.

True, there are two programming modes.  It seems as though the chip IS programmed but I can't enter the other mode.  So the question becomes... is it really even programmed.  I have 2 keys and used those to program the chip.  Afterwards, I removed the chip from one of my keys to check the transponder chip and it's behaving as it's supposed to.  The ring IS wrapped around the cylinder with a few extra wraps of the leading wire and held in place with electrical tape.  Yes, the LED on the transponder should turn off when the key is turned to the ON position.  I didn't say that before but that's what I meant.  Regardless, it didn't work.  I've checked the trigger wire from my alarm and it IS working and that's the one the trigger wire on the transponder is hooked up to.  Maybe the transponder is ignoring the trigger because it isn't programmed.  Who knows?  That's what I'm trying to figure out.  It looks as though this transponder happens to be a lemon and I'm going to have to trash it and buy another if I can't return it.  Money in the garbage.  I hope not but we'll see.

mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Take your GWR (ground when running) wire and ground it. Then take one of your keys and take the chip out like you said you've done before. Now try to start the car. If it starts and stays running, then the problem is the alarm isn't activating the 532. If it starts then dies, it would be a problem with the 532 or the ring placement.
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

what firmware is the module programmed to? if it hasn't been flashed already by anyone, it should say on the sticker on the module as it came from factory. if i remember correctly, you have to flash it to use it on the magnum. might not be defective so check that before you scrap it...

tsmithlxix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
dre187 wrote:

what firmware is the module programmed to? if it hasn't been flashed already by anyone, it should say on the sticker on the module as it came from factory. if i remember correctly, you have to flash it to use it on the magnum. might not be defective so check that before you scrap it...

The module was flashed to CHDL-7 prior to purchase.

Sorry guys, I've been out of the loop on this topic because I was dealing with a couple of deaths in the family.

Anyway, I've been troubleshooting the bypass kit for a couple of days and I'm of the opinion that it's definitely defective.  There's not much I can do though because I've exceeded the "return time" to send it back to the dealer.  And bypasskit-dot-com has yet to respond to any of my inquiries... they still haven't even responded to the questions I left them (multiple times) well over a month ago.  So instead of scrapping it (which is what I WANT to do) and wasting the money, I'm going to use the portion of it that DOES work.  As I've stated earlier, the bypass seems to be programmed with my transponder chip.  It just seems to not be exiting this programming mode.  I say that because the LED never turned off when I inserted my 'chipped' key in the ignition after I was done programming.  BUT, I'm able to jerry-rig the 'bypass' portion of the bypass to work so I'll play around with that.  And I'll have to 'hardwire' everything else directly to the alarm in order to get it to work (door lock/unlock, door open/close sensor and trunk (which I don't need to worry about because I have a 'station wagon.))  :o) 

But thank you all for the helpful replies.

tsmithlxix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

All right, gang, there's a new plan of attack.  I tried my jerry-rig idea for the transponder but that didn't work.

Can anyone recommend another transponder bypass (preferably one that doesn't take away my spare key)?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic