icon

97 discovery, ultrastart 4250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheevesLLC 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 97 land rover discovery and i'm installing an older ast 4250 remote start/alarm module.  long story short, i am having problems with the tach setup and interfacing with the oem antitheft unit.

directechs.com, audiovox, bulldog, and alldata seem to be incorrect in the placement of a coilpack on this vehicle.  that's fine i assume i'll just use a fuel injector wire, however i haven't a multimeter and EVERY (yes, all eight) fuel injector has the same two colored wires going into it.  without a means of safely testing it, is there a way to discern the positive from the negative end, and will it damage my alarm system if i guess and guess wrong?

that is a minute part of my problem, my main concern is the factory alarm arm/disarm.  all sources i have checked tell me the blue/green wire is the factory alarm arm/disarm wire, however i have used a test light checking for any + or - activity, to no avail.  i'm sure i've located the correct module as i've interfaced the horn, door triggers, and hoodpin/rear hatch pin at this unit.

i'm no MCSE certified 20yr experienced installer, but i've done all sorts of crazy complicated installs, and *eventually* seen results.  this has been fruitless for a month now.

any help would be greatly appreciated

connor

519civiconair 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

NEVER guess bcm`s are alot more expensive than a DMM if your really stuck 4 cash seeing how its christmas.... get a $10 DMM from canadian tire or borrow one as its alot cheaper than a bcm. if you frie it...... then set it to AC and probe away.....as for the factory arm/disarm wire do you have a factory key fob?  if yes then with the DMM you purchased or borrowed to avoid MAJOR headaches set the DMM to DC and hit the unlock button on the key fob noting polarity then set the DMM to OHMs and hit the unlock button on the key fob to see what the resistance is then lock and see what the resistance is and wire as necessary... If no factory key fob i think... the lock/unlock button will mimic the key fob?  hope this helps

F.B.S.S air ride is the only way to roll
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  

As far as the factory alarm disarm, do you have a factory alarm? If you don't you won't find this wire. What did you do for the locks? According to my info you need to do this:

http://documents.audiovox.com/700701.pdf

TheevesLLC 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
ok, i figured i may have to purchase a dmm though i figured i would try to avoid it at all costs... (no pun intended)
i do have the factory alarm, and i believe i have found the wire. i have access to alldatapro.com and it has a picture of the "antitheft control module" and it in no way resembles the unit i have located, but the wiring harness is nearly identical.
i have already completed the doorlocks, door triggers, horn honk (i hate sirens), parking lights, etc.
wow, that is a strange looking relay diagram, my doorlocks look nothing like that. it's a two relay setup derived from a vacuum doorlock setup, and it works flawlessly. i got it out of an old autopage install guide.
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
my info says blue/green or blue/red in the same location as the lock wires.
TheevesLLC 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
i've found the blue/green in the driver's kick, seems to be the same wire as the blue/green at the antitheft module (because i test no activity + or - on arm/disarm)
i will check for a blue/red but even alldata says b/g
thx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic