icon

remote start problem sky tek 5000 rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ultmayhem 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
I have this alarm install in a 2001 chevrolet impala LS. Everything else works exept the remote start. Along with the sky tek I intalled a passlock II bypass module from directed 556L. The problem is that it wont crank the fuel pump turns on but it just doest crank, it starts fine with the key. What I'm not sure about is if this car came with a factory alarm. When I got the car it only came with the key no remote. How do I go about finding out and how do I disable it? I'm also not sure if I installed the passlock byepass correct. I tried both yellow and white. im fairly new to alarms if any one coul point be in the right direction it would be gratly apriciated. 
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
This is a Scytek unit, right? Not sky tek?
Is the passlock indicator on the dash flashing while you are trying to remote start? Does the purple heavy wire out from the relay pack go to positive when it should be cranking?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
ultmayhem 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
This is a Scytek unit, right? Not sky tek?
Is the passlock indicator on the dash flashing while you are trying to remote start? Does the purple heavy wire out from the relay pack go to positive when it should be cranking?

yeah sorry... it is Scy tek

The passlock lock light does not flash, and the purple wire does get power when the car is cranking.

Ive been looking at different wiring diagrams and on one it mentions the brown accesory wire that needs to be connected.

I dont remember conneting that wire. The wiring diagram that i used didnt mention anything about that wire.

Could that be It?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
the brown acc wires doesnt need to be connected. all it does is triggers ur radio and wipers.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
As Tedmond has already said, the brown is not a mandatory connection.
Did you happen to hook up a starter kill/anti-grind circuit?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Most every Impala and Monte Carlo I've done I've powered up both the brown and the orange accessory wires at the switch; I believe at one point I had the brown powered as an ignition and the car wouldn't crank(Passlock system apparently uses the brown wire to know when it should crank).
Also check your anti-grind/starter kill relay - make sure you've hooked the starter output from the RS up on the correct side of that.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
ultmayhem 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

sorry guys I havent had time to reply. I've been busy with work and holidays.

I whent over all connections today and everything looks fine. I hooked the brown Acc wire but it does the same thing, It doesnt crank.

Do I need to install a starter kill/ anti- grid system?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  

did u wire up both starter wires? and both ignition wires?

starter 1 Blue PSC/ECU MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF GLOVE BOX PIN 35 OF 40 PIN PLUG

starter 2 light blue PSC/ECU MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF GLOVE BOX PIN 34 OF 40 PIN PLUG
ignition 1 Yellow PSC/ECU MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF GLOVE BOX PIN 15 OF 40 PIN PLUG
ignition 2 light blue PSC/ECU MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF GLOVE BOX PIN 17 OF 40 PIN PLUG

ultmayhem 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

did u wire up both starter wires? and both ignition wires?

starter 1 Blue PSC/ECU MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF GLOVE BOX PIN 35 OF 40 PIN PLUG

starter 2 light blue PSC/ECU MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF GLOVE BOX PIN 34 OF 40 PIN PLUG
ignition 1 Yellow PSC/ECU MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF GLOVE BOX PIN 15 OF 40 PIN PLUG
ignition 2 light blue PSC/ECU MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF GLOVE BOX PIN 17 OF 40 PIN PLUG

no all the wiring diagrams that I have dont say nothing about those wires?

this is for a 2001 chevy impala?

ziadmoh 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Let me see if I can make it clear.
In order to make sure that you have the correct ign wires. Start the car then remote start it, now turn the key off then take it out. If the car stays running that means your ign wire are correct.
Impala is as any other GM car, it has 2 Ign (pnk & grn) and 1 acc (org).
If your sec wires are not correct, the car won't crank.
For Security:
You need to cut the yel(car) (thin) and connect yel(556L)towards the Ign key, and yel/blk(556L) towards the vehicle. then connect blk(556L) to blk(car) (not to a GND!)you still have to connect your power, ign, start, and status.
Let me know if I can help more,
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic