icon

key'd bypasses

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xxajohnsonxx 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ive heard that you can make a bypass when using the customers key in the installation without the need of buying a module to do it, or affecting the factory anti-theft system
Ive heard its done with just a single relay and some smart tactics.
anyone know how this is done?
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, it is the old school key wrap method.
You will need about 3 feet 20 - 22 awg single strand wire as such found on leds and valet switches.
Wrap wire 7-9 times around key with about 12 inches of wire off both sides. Wire wrap around transponder ring at key cylinder 7-9 times leaving same amount off both sides. One side from that will connect to pin 87 of relay. The other side will connect to one side that wrapped around key. The other side will then connect to pin 30 on relay. Then to trigger it will need 12v+ ignition from remote starter to pin 86 and ground while running to pin 85.
*You may want to use a single strand of wire for circuit without any connections or solder joints because it may cause signal level to drop from key to transponder ring. However, I have done with connections and it worked fine.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
xxajohnsonxx 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot bro, i did nt know that
thats pretty cool, i appreciate the help :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic