icon

panasonic strada chrysler 300 problems.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone. Today I attempted to install a Panasonic Strada into my 2005 Chrysler 300 3.5L with boston acoustics and factory nav. I used the Metra CHTO-01 along with a 99-6510 dash kit. For someone who has done this as many times as me, I can't believe the problems I ran into and I hope some people here can help. Firstly I cut out that stupid thing which they tell you to cut out if you are using Double din and I snapped those two side brackets in place. I went to slide the strada in from the front as you are supposed to and their was simply not enough width in the dash kit for the strada to slide in. If I removed one of the side brackets, the strada will slide in but it will not be secure. I trimmed the maximum possible off the sides with a dremel and their was still not enough room for the strada to slide in. I tried everything to no avail. I am about to go ahead and order a scosche kit but before I do I was thinking someone on here would have some ideas for me. Secondly JUST AS A HEADS UP TO EVERYONE ON HERE, IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY GET A OLDER MODEL CHTO-01 FROM EBAY LIKE I DID YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THE SOFTWARE UPGRADED LIKE I DID. BEFORE THER SOFTWARE UPGRADE, THE FACTORY AMPLIFIER WON'T TURN ON AND WHILE THE HEAD UNIT WILL POWER UP YOU WILL HEAR NO SOUND UNTIL METRA REFLASHES YOUR INTERFACE. Back to my initial problem though, I am not able to mount this headunit so the interface is useless if the radio wont stay in my dash. I hope someone can help.
ya boy mike 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try to mount the unit from behind like using factory brackets to secure the unit and the dash kit is more of a trim piece. Similar to an iso mount rather than a cage mount with just a normal single din. For instance a some toyotas or nissans where the radio is more flush with the kit itself? Hope this makes some sense I'm not real sure how to describe it in just words.
It Hz
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure if that would work with this dash kit though. If you go on metras website and see it for yourself. you will see that you need to use these two double din side brackets that come with the dash kit. The problem is that the panasonic is just too wide. It makes no sense though as its a rugular double din which should work. I hope someone can help me cause I can't return the reciever.
ya boy mike 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I think i see what your saying, sorry man that's really the only thing I can think of. good luck with it.
It Hz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic