icon

shelby cs 750r siren output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
otterslide 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished installed a Shelby CS-750R and when I remote start it, the siren goes off.
I read a similar topic with somebody who had this problem but the siren was faint.. my siren goes off completely. The siren output wire shows +12V once the car starts.
My question is, could this really be a ground problem? and if it is, why does the siren only go off once the car is started, and not during starting as well? or all the time?
Thanks for any input.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
never seen a problem liek this before. having the siren go off when the car has started is not normal. If anything, i would say that your brain has some damaged outputs. Or check to see if its your factory alarm taht is being set off.
otterslide 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
there is no factory alarm, and even if there was it only operates the horn.
I guess I got a dud :(
otterslide 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
I further kept having problems with this alarm not sending back the unlock signal and refusing the remote start. Pulled it out and discovered that if the alarm is horizontal, everything works ok but if it's vertical, then the problems happen.
I also hear a relay inside when I shake it.. sounds like the metal part inside is swinging around. I'm starting to believe it was damaged during shipping.
otterslide 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Well,
I got a replacement unit and still have the same problem.
I tried disconnecting the siren from it's ground, and tested it's trigger wire when the car is remote-started. It shows +12V as soon as the car starts. I still have no idea why the alarm sounds the siren once the car starts.
I tried disconnecting the tach sensing wire and switching it to voltage checking and it didn't help either.
Shelby/Bulldog tech support has never answered any of my 10's of calls.
robmar 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like its time to pull it out and run over it
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
that shelby is a real pos imo. I had the displeasure of doing one of those a few weeks ago..I never figured out the siren part so I used the horn.
otterslide 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Other than the bad siren, being incredibly complicated and making it a pain to install, and coming with wires that are too short, this alarm is nice to use when it works.
Stars the car nicely and has an awesome range..
There's no way I'm pulling it out.. everything works.. I added a relay to cut the siren on remote start, but it just bugs me that I had to do that.
otterslide 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and I finally got a hold of Tech Support!! Can you believe it ?
It's like 10% of the time a human answers and 90% of the time an automated system answers which places you on hold for like 10 minutes then says sorry.
The tech guy actually called me after I left a message..
Of course, he knew nothing about it and hung up on me after I described the problem.. ! Never called me back.. Beware of Bulldog/Shelby!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic