icon

gimmie some ohms law advise :)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
make a long story short i went into my usually stereo store cuz i broke the bracket on my tweeter, and ended up getting a used set of kicker impulse components, but the mids are blown, i still got the cross overs and tweeds, try and follow me here, i've got a set of 5 1/4" components up front, and a pair of 6x9's in the back, all coming off a 4 channel kenwood amp. now all of a sudden i was thinking how possible it would be if i ran all my components stereo like they are already, but ran the tweds and 6x9's toghter, causing a 2 ohm load to the back and adding some more high end. like say off 1 ch ive got a 6x9 and my cross over for the twed running toghter, 2 ohms right? (all toghter i'd have 4 tweeters)
im thinking you will get what im saying, but i need to be inlightened on wheter my imagination is running wild or if that would work, i have a feeling im right for once. oh and yes, my amp can handle 2 ohms gimmie some ohms law advise :) -- posted image. thanks
Qveon 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
tweeters can do mids, you will ruin them very fast. which means you would have to cross over your 6x9s too and lose all your mids and lows.
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
Don't bridge a 4 channel amp if it runs your 4 internals. Your going to loose the stereo sound and basicly it'll sound quite bad. If you need it louder, get a bigger amp.
duffdog 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

well the simple answer is yes youll have 2 ohms, but the real answer is no you wont have 2 ohms because the reactance of any speaker above 1000hz increases and if you cross your tweets over with the inline capacitor inside your crossover box, then you will actually have the same load at midrange frequencies and the load will approach 2 ohms at the higher freqs.  which is why you can run aux tweeters off of a deck and nothing will happen.  so like just hook them tweets up to the front channels of your 4 ch. amp and use the inline crossover.

Tim

beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
i dotn know if you get what im saying. i will run the 6x9's straight from the amp with no cross over, and the tweds off the same channel only with a cross over in between, so ill have my 6x9s just normal with the tweds added onto the channel, the only thing going through the rear cross over would be the tweds

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic