06 liberty remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
MOPAR factory r/s units are just code alarm units,
I take the bypass kits apart and hold the chip very close to the ign cylinder to get it to work properly.
That said,It should start with the key in the ign if you have the starter installed and programmed properly, I would make sure it works with the key before I program the transponder to make life a little easier.
jman1998 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

I have tried with the key in the ignition and it still just honks the horn and flashes  the lights twice fast.  Never attempts to start.  I am thinking about trying to wire the hood switch up as the original instructions said and not according to the insert that came with the unit.  This would have the hood switch wired to the abondoned BLK/WHT wire in pin 12 of the 24-way connector.  Although I have a "AG" kit, this was the procedure for non-AG kits.  The other side of the switch would just ground to the chassis.

The more I think this through , it has to be a safety interupt somehow or somewhere.

Thanks

JFeldman
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
2 blinks on the codealarm means either.
the hood is open( so just don't connect the hood wire to anything) the brake wire is sending 12 volts or
neutral saftey is not seeing a ground,
I would check the neutral saftey, check to make sure that you have the neutral saftey wire comming from the starter grounded, I believe its a black with white stipe wire.
jman1998 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

I tried to have the vehicle running and press the remote start once and remove the key, the vehicle just shuts down normally.  No LED indications or anything.  For a minute I thought it might be as simple as the doors need to be locked...No, tried that same results.  Horn and lights each time you press the RS button the two quick beeps and flashes right after.  

I guess the next thing is to voltage check the brake wire and make sure their is no voltage.

JFeldman
jman1998 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  

The saga continues,

I have tested the wire from the brake light switch to make sure that the unit is no getting a 12v signal and it is not.  I have disconnected the hood switch to make sure that there is no signal there.  And the unit appears to see a saftey fault and won't attempt to start.

Any Ideas anyone?

JFeldman
ralphtonka 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
try to ground the white wire into the skreem mod (w/ jumper) while  3rd stage of programing bypass
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic