icon

cadillac srx rear dvd to aftermarket hu

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mystic knight 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

I'm currently working on installing a custom interior into my project truck (1991 GMC S15 Jimmy). I'm using a Kenwood DDX-6019 head unit The center console in the truck is from an '05 Cadillac SRX. It has the factory DVD player and monitor (Panasonic) for the rear passengers. I'd like to be able to run the signal from the console to the A/V IN on the Kenwood head unit. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Panasonic unit or ideas of what wires I'll have to convert to RCA?

I found a post on CaddilacForums.com about someone doing this to add headrest monitors but it was over 3 years old and all the pictures were missing. He figured everything out by testing for signals and figuring out the wiring himself. I'm not that familiar with video wiring to feel comfortable doing it. I've posted a similar post there but haven't had any luck getting an answer. I contacted a friend that works at a GM dealership and he said to contact Panasonic. Panasonic says they don't have that part number in their records.

Thanks in advance guys!

Here's a few pics of the truck

cadillac srx rear dvd to aftermarket hu -- posted image.

cadillac srx rear dvd to aftermarket hu -- posted image.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
You won't get it to work. The DVD player is designed to only work with the SRX it came out of. The unit will only turn on with a data message sent from the SRX's BCM and it will also compare the VIN stored into each unit to see that it matches. There isn't any 12 volt way to turn it on. Unless you have the BCM from the donar car and plan to wire it into the truck's electrical system, you are wasting your time. Save yourself a whole bunch of headaches. Buy an aftermarket DVD player and video screen.
sparky
mystic knight 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

Ya. I'm afraid that's probably true. If so, I'll be talking to the place I purchased it about a refund. After all, if what you said is true I wouldn't even be able to use this unit in another SRX. The other option I have is to remove the screen that's in it and replace it with one of the Kenwood ones I have. They're both the same size but the Kenwood one has a better picture.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic