icon

2005 ford escape remote starter problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ctmahaffey 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
I installed an Audiovox APS-620 Remote car starter with power door lock/unlock on my 2005 Ford Escape. The system works great but I am having a problem with the Factory Alarm activating some of the time when I open any of the car doors. The problem seems to happen only after the car has been sitting for 5 or 6 hours. I have connected the Pulse Ground Output Before Start wire to the Factory Disarm Dark Blue/Light Green wire @SJB connector Pin D on the car but this has not stopped the problem.
fordman
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
did you hook up your unlock to that disarm wire also?? you need to in order to disarm the alarm when you unlock the doors. make sure you use doiodes..
ctmahaffey 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
No. I didn't hook up the unlock wire to the disarm so I went ahead and attached it  through a diode as you suggested. I thought this had solved the problem because the alarm didn't go off for 2 days but when I opened the car door this morning after unlocking the power locks the alarm went off again.
fordman
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
did you hook the diode up right? band towards the aftermarket brain
ctmahaffey 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

Ok. I give up. I can't stop the factory alarm from going off when I open the car door when using the remote that came with the remote car starter. As far as I can tell everything is wired correctly. The remote starter and door locks work fine but the factory alarm randomly goes off when I  open the car door. Does anyone know how to completely disable the factory alarm. I have checked the owners manul but I don't  see where there is a fuse or a relay that I can remove to disable the system.

fordman
wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2007 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

ctmahaffey wrote:
I installed an Audiovox APS-620 . I have connected the Pulse Ground Output Before Start wire to the Factory Disarm Dark Blue/Light Green wire @SJB connector Pin D on the car but this has not stopped the problem.

Did you use a relay on this wire, or just the transistor ground output from the unit? It needs a relay to transfer a good ground to the arm/disarm wires. Also, MAKE SURE you have the right wire. Those damn Fords throw a million of the same color wire in the harnesses all the time. Drives me nuts!!

....mustards.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic