icon

alarm/remote start, 05 honda accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jlam711 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Installed 2w900fm-as on a 05 Honda accord v6 and car starts with key ignition. Proceed with pkh34 bypass module install using the Install "A" Type "C" instruction. Once wired up, I could not get it to program or reset. Every time I try to program the module by holding the button while turning the ignition to the ON position. The the LED turns off but never blink. Tried to reset the module by holding the button down while disconnecting and reconnecting the module connector but the unit never reset properly. The LED would turn on but never turn off as suppose to. I've checked the wiring multiple time and I even purchased another pkh34 bypass kit.
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
using the black key right?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Probably a wiring problem. List out the wire color of every wire you connected to/from.
jlam711 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
I am using the black key with the built in remote. Here is how I wired it.
Module: to
brown -> remote starter (-) output status.
Green -> not connected
blue -> not connected
Violet -> Data wire on ignition 7pin connector(white harness) pin #2 RED / blue wire.
Pink&white -> Blue/orange(cut) Security Light (Key Side)pin #5
Pink -> Blue/orange(cut) Security Light (ECM Side) from pin #5
Orange -> ignition yellow/black wire pin #6
Red -> Constant +12v
Black -> To chassis.
Blue/orange pin #5 is the only wired cut. I tried a combination of things on resetting it. I disconnected everything and left just the power wires and the LED would just turn on but never turn off.
I also tried grounding the brown wire simulating an (-) output signal from the remote starter.
I've used tap connector at first. Now everything is solder together.
All connections are conducting.
I've contacted Directed tech support waited over 1 hour. Did not get much help from them. They told me to use another type of bypass 556h for my car if the pkh34 don't work. Do I really need a different module for this car? Even though the product state that is a very compatible with a 05 honda accord. Has anyone installed this on a 05 accord?
Thank you.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed over 30+ versions of the PKH3 on Honda's. It was the older version for bypassing the immobilizer on that generation Accord, Civic and other Honda's. That module required less wiring, and worked perfect first time, every time. I have not used the newer PKH34. I just downloaded the manual for the PKH34 and see that they made a simple install more complicated. The PKH3 had 5 connections to make, the PKH34 has 7 connections. Talk about an advance in technology alarm/remote start, 05 honda accord -- posted image.
It looks to me like you made all the connections correct. Disconnecting wires from the module will not help to reset it. To reset it, follow the note at the end of the Install A programming instructions:
*To RESET, press and hold button and plug in module. LED comes on. When LED goes off, release button.
After you have reset the unit, try programming it again using the other key that came with the car.   If that don't work, pick up a PKH3 off eBay.
jlam711 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Looking for the exact location of the Trunk / hatch release pin on my 05 honda accord v6. Wiring diagram says the location is at Drivers kick panel, Harness to rear of vehicle. Does anyone know the harness color and the number pins on it.
Also. Do I have to take the drivers side door panel off to get to the
Factory Alarm Disarm wire?
Thank you.
jlam711 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Just checked out the pkh3. The specs says it works on honda model 01 - 04. Have you used it on the 05 model? My car is a listed/sold as a 05 but the manufactured date is 9/04. Could this be it?
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
The PKH3 works on the 2003 to 2007 Accord. The manual you downloaded hasn't been updated in a while.
There should only be one harness going down the drivers side. Look further toward the back of the vehicle, not in the kick panel area. I'm talking about directly to the side of the driver seat, near the lever where the fuel door and trunk release is located.
You must get the factory alarm disarm in the drivers door at the power window switch. It is extremely hard to run wires thru the molex plug for someone that hasn't done this before. Look into the HODL2 at bypasskit.com. It may be worth the money compared to the panel and molex plugs you are likely to break removing the door panel. Also, the HODL2 will do trunk release, but only when the ignition is off.
jlam711 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Installed 2w900fm-as with bypass module pkh34 on 2005 Honda accord v6 (car manufactured 9/04). Car auto start with key in ignition only. Unable to program the pkh34 bypass. I used the black factory key with the built in remote. All wiring is soldered together. The LED turns when I first plug in the module connector. I proceeded by holding down the programming button while turning the ignition to the ON position. The LED turns off but nothing else happens. I've also tried resetting the module by holding the button down while disconnecting and reconnecting the connector. The LED only turns on but never turns off. I repeated the steps many time. I also bought a new one and still same problem. I used the Install A type C instruction that came with the module. I've double check the wiring multiple times.
From Module to>:
brown -> remote start (-) output status wire
green -> n/c
blue -> n/c
violet/white -> n/c
violet -> Data wire on ignition 7pin white harness pin #2 RED / blue wire.
Pink/white -> Security Light (key side) blue/orange cut wire
Pink -> Security Light ECM side cut blue/orange cut wire
orange -> ignition wire yellow/black
Red -> +12v constant
black -> chassis ground
I also tried programming it with the brown wire disconnected and connected to ground simulate a (-) signal for the remote start. The
LED turns on then turns off when I disconnect it.
Has anyone used this bypass on this model car? Am I missing a step?
Thank you
jlam711 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I double posted my problem description because I thought it was removed. New to this forum
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic