the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 jeep grand cherokee remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Has anybody done a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Have to do one tomorrow. I couldn't find any info. It seems that this car needs two bypass modules.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

Good gravey batt man, have fun and let us know how it goes. Based on what I saw on the Astrochart, this rig resembles a bad dream that you don't wake up from.2008 jeep grand cherokee remote start -- posted image.

It's suggested you use a remote start that is of the single button type. (start and stop, no ANYTHING else)

And again.....just from viewing the astrochart. ALSO best to go tachless.....

I await ANY feedback!

csorb 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2007 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
When it was dropped off this evening I got in and said "this is not a Chrysler!". More like a Mercedes. Tried updating my Astrochart today but they were closed and I need to renew. Do you have the wiring chart?
I'll tackle this tomorrow.
Thanks
csorb 
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. Here's an update for anyone who cares. We got to third base but never made it home. We used the xk06 and pkchu (yes two modules). The xk06 has three wires that we soldered straight into the ignition switch control-box. Of course I'm skipping some other details but that's the basics of it. We could not get the system to learn tach properly OR voltage. Using the audiovox aps-901. I tried a fuel injector and a cam sensor but no luck. The car starts but then the rs decides to shut it down.   I think the reason is that the car takes too long to start and by then the remote starter gives up and shuts down.
I would love to find someone who has done this car. Not giving up yet!
csorb 
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Yahhhooo!!! Problem solved. Came back to the shop tonight to give it another shot. Set the rs to diesel and bingo! The problem is that the car takes too long to kick in between all the bypasses and by that time the remote starter looses patience and calls a time out due to no tach. Once set to diesel, the system has enough time to prepare for the start signal. This is one hell of a car. Thanks for listening!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
good stuff. i would have never thought of switching it to diesel ahah. thanks for the tip.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
csorb.....  way to perceiver, this is good info!
csorb 
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
Punch line to this will make everybody groan. Dealer calls me up. "We have to take that remote starter out". he says. "Before the customer came to pick up the car, we realized it had factory remote start!.....2008 jeep grand cherokee remote start -- posted image.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
csorb wrote:
Punch line to this will make everybody groan. Dealer calls me up. "We have to take that remote starter out". he says. "Before the customer came to pick up the car, we realized it had factory remote start!.....2008 jeep grand cherokee remote start -- posted image.
you should have known that by looking at the key, there's a remote start icon on it.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
gee, thats like a kick in the nuts. all that hard work goes down the drain, but wth, you learned something new ! ahah
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic