the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 a4 radio removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
apparently some one hacked up this damn radio and i CANT GET IT OUT WITH THE REMOVAL TOOLS. Im so heated right now. What can i do to get this thing out?????? Ive done more than 20 of these with out problems the customer tried to get it out themselves and botched it, and now i have to fight with it and cant get it out. What can i do ?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

I have run into this as well, I just turned the car away and saved myself a headache. 

Probably not what you want to hear, so my only other advice is to try to push the radio from the back. Take a large pry bar type tool, get down in the passenger foot well on your back, and give it a shot. There isn't much to disassemble with the dash on those years, so can't really go that route.  

Good luck at any rate.

StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Like dwarren said, turn it away. The only way I can think of is to stick a small pick in the side to push the tabs inward. Only problem is the finish on this car is beyond fragile, look at the finish wrong and it'll start to peel. Not worth the potential headache.
Now, if its your own car, do what I suggested above.
Cris
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
If you are putting in a new HU I ask the customer if I can destroy the factory HU. It's a little harder on Audis the say Fords, but with a pry bar and some channel locks it can be done. Plus, you will enjoy the revenge factor.
There is no such thing as free installation!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
crowbar that out ahah. if anything, see if u can remove the panel surrounding the radio.
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
yea im putting in a new headunit for the customer, explain to me how i would use the channel locks, and where i should pry from ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic