icon

02 rsx dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dlambe 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ok boys here it is; I have been installin decks for a long time now. I do a pro job with all wiring soldered and shrunk tubed. I installed an alpine dvd unit in my friends 02 rsx type s. I used the scoshe adapter harness and the double din adapter plate for my buddies setup. The deck is a alpine IVA-D310. After we wired the brain box and plugged in all the necessary components we got nice sound from the radio but when I change to the cd function I got no sound out of the factory speakers. I tried both a cd and mp3 disc. Now thinking I had a defective unit I took it back to A&B sound in calgary to see if they had another. I decided to get them to plug the deck and the box into thier demo harness as they had 1 up and running. The cd sound worked as did the radio. Now I am stumped as to the cause. I know I wired the deck/harness properly. The only wires I did not connect was the audio interrupt, which according to the wiring schematic should go to the vehicle phone, and the optional remote harness. All other wires are done as per the schematic. So that leaves me frustrated, I know the deck/brain box are good so what do you guys think is the cause? I wired all the connections to the adapter harness as they were labeled as well and checked them 3 times. 
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

You used the antenna lead for the amp turn on, hence only audio when the source is tuner.

The scosche plug is probably wrong, the blue wire labeled as antenna is the factory amp turn on lead (and following directions you probably used the alpine antenna lead), just switch it and be done with it. 

dlambe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

I used the extension for the factory antenna to run it to the brain box, as for the power antenna lead I am aware that the schose harness uses that to turn on the amp, the wiring schematic I used for the brain box said to wire that to the power ant wire (solid blue) which I did. So you are sayin to cut and cap that wire then?

dlambe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
the link for the wiring schematic is http://www.sirius.com/pdf/manuals/IVA-D310_om.pdf  its on page 78 of the pdf file just in case u need it.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
dlambe wrote:

I used the extension for the factory antenna to run it to the brain box, as for the power antenna lead I am aware that the schose harness uses that to turn on the amp, the wiring schematic I used for the brain box said to wire that to the power ant wire (solid blue) which I did. So you are sayin to cut and cap that wire then?

If you are aware that the harness uses the blue wire to turn on the amp, you need to use the amp trun on lead from the Alpine unit (which is usually blue/white). The power antenna lead from the Alpine unit loses power when the tuner source is switched.

There is no power mast in this vehicle so it doesn't really matter that the antenna sees power constatnly, you follow?

dlambe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok got ya. I figured it was something simple I was not seeing. thx for the second opinion.
dlambe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
ok I cut and capped the power antenna wire from the schoshe harness and I still got no output when I switch to the cd audio.
dlambe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
ok I think I figured something out here after close examination of the schoshe plug, looks like the speaker wires are not a match at the back of the radio, there is a factory amp under the passenger seat which I found that does have the speaker wires. So I am assuming that I have to take the speaker wire from the amp to run them to the brain box.
dlambe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
ok so I checked it out and sure enough the speaker wires had to be taken off the factory amp and not the plug for the radio. First time I have ever encountered this issue. So now its just a matter of figuring out whats going on with his amp/sub setup. I got all the stuff plugged in but the subs only work intermittently, thinking it may be the amp as I eliminated the wiring to the amp, the cap, and the a/v plugs to the amp as the source of the intermittent subs. The amp/sub box was in his car when he got hit and I am thinkin it may have hurt the amp in the process.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic