kvt 719dvd, 2005 pt cruiser

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnny_outlaw69 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2007 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

Guys,

I've installed the 719dvd in a 2005 PT cruiser. I used the oem wire adapter which pluges to the cars radio's connecter and wired up all connection except the park break and reverse camera connection. I then powered the unit up and I see the Kenwood's screen on startup and the little bargraphic fill in. 

Then the unit displays, "Disconnected Cable Found, Please Confirm a Connection Line" and that's all the unit will do.

I've checked the voltages on the headend 12.22 vdc (yellow-black) and the hideaway. I've checked the ground on the wiring harness to the hideaway.  The cable between the headend and the hideaway appeare to be connected nothing bent or damaged. I've reset the unit a few times.

At this point I'm thinking the issue is communication between the headend and the hideaway, any help would be good because at this point I think the unit is faulty and I'm going to pull all the grear out and send it back.

cashmoney 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  

The parking brake wire needs to see a ground in order for the monitor to work. Just installed a KVT-915 with the same problem until I grounded the parking brake wire (should be green).

cashmoney
johnny_outlaw69 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

Are you stating that the system will post, "detected disconnected cable, please verify a line connection" if the parking break isn't grounded?

thks I'll check it one more time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic