icon

earthquake dbx 10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Would you say it sounds better than a box thats made by a company? I got a bandpass box for my subs. I like the way they sound. A friend of mine had a DVC 12" DBX in a vented box and it pounded very nicely. he didnt make it, but rather it came with the sub when he got it.
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

^ I wouldn't be able to offer up any sound advice on this, as I haven't used a prefab box sine my highschool days.

However, it would be my thinking that you would be hard pressed to find a prefab that is built to the exact recommended specs for the sub you are going to use. You may get lucky, but more likely than not, it won't be right. A sealed box may be a little more forgiving as far as size, but if it's ported, or worse yet a bandpass, it had better be right or you have a very large weight in the back of your car that does nothing more than hold your speakers up...

chris27 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

I am going to build a sealed box.  I have had these subs in sealed and vented.  They do sound better in a vented box versus a sealed but i am building the box for my dodge ram single cab so kinda have to go sealed.  That is a pretty nice box you built  for yours. 

greenbroncoguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
chris27 wrote:

I am going to build a sealed box.  I have had these subs in sealed and vented.  They do sound better in a vented box versus a sealed but i am building the box for my dodge ram single cab so kinda have to go sealed.  That is a pretty nice box you built  for yours. 

Cool, let us know how it turns out.

How big are you going to make it? Polyfill? How much power are you going to throw at them?

chris27 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
I'm probably just going to build the chambers at 1 cu ft. each.  I am using a JL 250/1.  I know that seems small but that amp actually pushes the subs pretty good.
greenbroncoguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
^^^ Cool; I am curious as to how the low frequency extension will turn out with the box being small. We'll see; maybe I've just been spoiled w/ my ported boxearthquake dbx 10 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic