icon

98 accord, remote start, tranny light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mhayden 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

Actually I am taking it back there today. When i talked to the installer on the phone, he had never heard of this before, and has installed several hundred of these.  So i thought i'd see if i could get some answers here for him. 

After reading some other threads on here about gm trucks having tranny problems, it kinda scares me. I was considering trying to install it myself, but i'm sure glad i didn't now.

Thanks for all the help. I'll print this out and take it to him today.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  

Installing several hundred remote starts won't help a 'vehicle specific' issue.

Install problems on GM vehicles shouldn't concern you about issues on a Honda - every manufacturer is different and some have certain issues while others don't.

I only mentioned it because typically on a new installation the best bet is to get the installer involved and let him figure it out.  If you start messing with it yourself, or even give him the impression that you have been messing with it, they may hassle you about voiding the installation warranty and stuff like that.

Good luck!

Kevin Pierson
mhayden 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

I didn't mess with it. I wasn't about to after seeing the possibilities of problems. I just printed out a few of these dicsussions and took them to him.  He did get it figured out today and i think it had something to do with something being put in before the fuse box instead of after. (or vice versa). I don't know if one of these threads helped him, or if he figured it out on his own.  Either way it's fixed. 

Thanks again for all the help.

mhayden

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
well good to know the installer actually got it fixed.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic