icon

bass boxpro 6?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2008 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
I was thinking of buying this software any feedback? Stumbling blocks? Pros? Cons? I'm really new to building boxes, so far I only built 1, but I got bit by the bug and want to start to build a lot more would anybody recommend this software?
Thanx in advance!
well?
killa101 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
I would just use WinISD. It is free and has all you need to make your box. I would just use that instead of paying money for bass box.
The nice thing about bass box pro is that it tells you what size the box should be and what pieces to cut. The bad thing is that for ported boxes it doesn't work but maybe I just don't know how to use it properly. bass boxpro 6? - Last Post -- posted image.
Just my 2 cents.bass boxpro 6? - Last Post -- posted image.
big sexy lac 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Oh damn I already orderd it from partsexpress have you successfuly built any boxes with bassboxpro? Why do u think it doesn't work with ported boxes? Will this program or winisd let you chamber off on a multi sub box ?
Thanx for the info
well?
killa101 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
When I designed a box on bassbox the port didn't fit in the box. Because the port was so long it just gave how long the port needed to be in the cut list. I haven't used it that much though so I am not really sure on all the features. I don't think WinISD lets you chamber off from what I've seen.
speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
WinISD is a whole lot of bang for no buck but Bass box pro has hundreds of powerful features that are mission critical for advanced users. Bass box pro has both a novice mode and an advanced mode so it becomes more powerful as you learn. The best choice amongst these programs really depends on how much you plan on using it and how serious you are about the hobby. I have been using Bass box for years now and can’t imagine settling for WinIsd. I get paid to produce professional results so my situation is different than most. You won’t be disappointed with bass box but you must invest the time to get to know the program (speaker design for that matter). Keep in mind that all box programs are just big calculators. You have to know how to use the thing. That means giving the program real world information (not always the manufacturers information) and understanding how to interpret the results that it displays.
big sexy lac 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
I've been playing with this program, juz for a lil bit it seems okay I haven't read the manual but I will to get a better understanding of the program, as far as ported boxes it gives monster size ports but wen u try 2 change them they do get so long they don't fit in the box, but it looks like it is a good program, I'll juz design a box and post the outcome and let u pros decide if it will work. Thanx 4 the replys, anymore will be welcomed!
well?
speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
Speaking generally but from much experience. If you get monster size long ports you have one of three problems with your design.
1.     The port cross section is too large. As port diameter increases so dose the length.
2.     The box size is too small. As box size decreases the port length increases in order to maintain the same tuning frequency.
3.     The subs parameters dictate that the sub is not suitable for vented design.
If you are using bass box and you save your file and email it to me I can help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic