icon

trailblazer rem start, radio lights inop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bdig 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer with a code ca420 remote start that I just took in for 4x4 service - they replaced the 4x4 control nob.  Presumably they disconnected the battery to do this because the radio clock was off.  Now I've got two problems -

3 of the buttons do not light up on the radio (most of the lights are fine) and

The remote start sets off the alarm.

I know my dealer isn't going to fix my aftermarket remote start.  And I'd take it back in and mention the radio buttons, hoping that a fix there would fix my remote start but i'm worried that if the radio lights can be linked to the remote start in some way they might tell me I've voided my warrantee.  I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this and could tell me a) could their be a common source at fault or b)could one be causing the other - ie bad bypass module causing radio light problem or vice versa.

If these are not related and you think I could fix the remote start separately, can someone give me an idea where to look?  I'm guessing something's up with a bypass module since the alarm is going off but I don't know how to fix or attempt to reprogram it.

Any suggestions on any of these angles from the warrantee issue to fixing either problem or their relationship would be greatly appreciated.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Probably dead bulbs in the radio. No way the 2 problems could be related. All the illumination lights in the radio are linked together. A remote start wired improperly would kill all the lights, not some.
bdig 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks JWorm.  That's what I figured,but I wanted to be sure.  I'd guess at this point that a surge or something occured when they reconnected the battery and killed both.  I just hope the bypass only needs to be reprogrammed and not replaced.

B

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

Dunno about that JWorm....

I did an install on a Sentra and incorrectly connected (+) park light output to (-) park light output wire and fried just a few bulbs of the OEM AC/Heater control unit .. weird... but i made it happen.. had to buy salvage part online to replace customer's HVAC module ...

The search function is your friend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic