icon

bonneville doesnt remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
samh_08 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, i got a 01 bonneville w/ an audiovox APS-997a remote starter using the 1700G bypass module. the only way it starts is if i put the key in and turn it to on. i've checked all my connections over and over. im at a loss at why its not starting, the bypass module indicates that it is programmed correctly, but no start (zero starter noise)
i've tested the remote starter and all the power and ignition wires are doing what they should. the ONLY thing i can think of is that i didnt hook up the key sense wire from the bypass module. Is it needed? where do i find it on the bonneville, and do i need to hook it up to anything other than the bypass unit.
if anyone has any idea of what i overlooked or did wrong, please let me know ASAP because I have to finish up tomorrow morning. Thanks
timechange2007 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  

Dont know much about the 1700G bypass module, but i always use dei bypass modules.  If it has a neg. input to turn on the module, try grounding it with your test light to see if it is getting a ground during start and run. If that doesnt work, try bypass module 556u or 556uw, they are the same thing. You should be able to pick one up at any true custom shop or even Best Buy.  I know it will work. That sounds like that is your problem.

usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
I think this car has a transponder key, if so you can try to remote start it with your bypass disconnect and the original key in the ign..worse case senerio is it would not start, which is allready the problem
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
oops, I just noticed that you said it start with the key in the ign if you turn the key to the on position, if that the case I would check to be sure you have the ign wire hooked up correctly, it should if everything is hooked up properly, start with just the key in the ign switch.
samh_08 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
does not start with the key just put in. it has to be turned to 'on'. different issue...battery went dead overnight, do i need to diode isolate anything? where can i get them and how do i put them in? thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic