icon

how many remotes can be added?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blueextc 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  

I have ZERO experience with alarms, but I have a project I am contemplating which requires access to approximately 15 people.

I would like to use an alarm or remote start module to grant access via a keyfob.

But before I start I would like to know what the limitations for car alarms are. Can you add more remotes? Are there certain alarm companies that can add on unlimited remotes?

I would imagine with the codehopper technologies there may be a limit, but I have no idea.

Thanks for your input & insight.

blueextc 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  

What I am basically looking to do is pop a trunk on a 12V system, with 15 different keyfobs.

Not necessarily an alarm, could be something like a remote trunk pop system which can have additional remotes added.

Ideas/input welcome!!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm, that's interesting.
I install Audivox, and they're limited to four remotes. I've heard some other brands will allow up to eight.
Will this trunk have lots of valuable, sensitive items? Depending on the level of security you need, I have a couple of ideas.
1. Cheap and easy. Buy a magnetic reed switch..........this is a switch that closes when a magnet is passed near it.
Mount the switch inside a taillamp on the car, and somehow find magnets that can be carried on the people's keychains.
2. Have you seen the Fords, Mercurys, and Lincolns that have a 5-button keypad on the driver's door, to unlock the doors? They make those aftermarket too.......I don't know what brand, but they are available.
You could get one of those, and instead of putting the control panel on the driver's door, put it on the trunk lid instead.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic