code ca680 and dei 1700g1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uglyb0b 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
hi all-
i have a 2006 chevrolet silverado. i have done car audio stuff off and on since high school, and im ready to go ahead and put a remote start in my truck. it wont be my first install, but ive been out of the game for a while. i wanted to make sure my battle plan looks ok to the experts here:
i have chosen a code ca680 remote start and a dei 1700g1 module.
i went with the code because i have used them in the past and i like the "random" thing it does w/the horn when the alarm sounds. i just want a 2 way lcd with good range.
i chose the dei because they seem to have solid stuff and, while confusing, it looks like this is the correct module to use for my trucks locks/factory alarm/passlock via the databus.
1) does this code/dei combo look ok? would you recommend anything different?
2) i cannot find documentation for the 1700g1 - does it offer a door trigger output or will i have to tap the truck?
3) are there differences i need to know about or consider with 1700g vs 1700g1 vs 1701g1?
4) i will not have to diode isolate anything, correct?
thanks in advance for input.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
1) They will work fine together
2) Yes it does for the rear doors, (if it's a 4 door truck) for the fronts you will need to tap in and diode isolate the connections. For documentation on the 1700g1 take a look at the installation manual for the XK01 from bypasskit.com here code ca680 and dei 1700g1 - Last Post -- posted image.
3. Different vehicles, software versions, updated software, acquisitions of competitors, a whole bunch of reasons for the differences in model number but your 1700G1 will work fine for your application.
4) Look at 2
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
uglyb0b 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
cool. thanks.
adamsaudio 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
i'm having trouble with a 2007 Trailblazer and the 1700G1. The vehical wont remote start, but I can start it with the key and then do the override with the remote start. I know this is a Pass Lock issue, but doesnt the 1700G1 do Bypass? And if so what did i do wrong.
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
the front doors will work thru the module via data, the rear doors you just hook up the pink wire off the 1700g1 to the domelight in truck which is gray/black at the 3 pin black plug at bcm. this is the rear door detect. you can diode isolate the rears tho if you want. you dont have to hook up the fronts to anything. this was a audiovox, code alarm, bypaskit module or whatever you want to call it long before dei slapped their label on it. before the buy out. like "Twelvoltz" said just look at the manual for the xk01 it is the same. it also has data to data so that you can hook the module to the rs with one plug in cable and then all you hook to the car is your purple data wire. this will also allow your factory key fob to control aftermarket alarm. i dont think that that 4pin harness is included with the modules labeled dei tho. but the module and your remote start support it.
Twelvoltz wrote:
1) They will work fine together
2) Yes it does for the rear doors, (if it's a 4 door truck) for the fronts you will need to tap in and diode isolate the connections. For documentation on the 1700g1 take a look at the installation manual for the XK01 from bypasskit.com here code ca680 and dei 1700g1 - Last Post -- posted image.
3. Different vehicles, software versions, updated software, acquisitions of competitors, a whole bunch of reasons for the differences in model number but your 1700G1 will work fine for your application.
4) Look at 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic