wierdest, most interesting thing about you

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uknedca 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

Folks,

I am new here. So I wanted to say hello - but make it interesting. In the same way I am a fan of revealing drinking games, I am a fan of this question:

What is the most random, wierd and interesting thing about you?

For me, it's something I noticed recently after a bout of self-reflection, but any time I watch a movie that really effects me, elements of it start to take over my life in really weird ways. Like, when I was a kid, I really liked Mickey Mouse and all of his cartoons, and soon after my house started getting uncontrollably infested with mice even though we kept having exterminators come in and get rid of them on a bi-monthly basis. But for a while, almost every week I would catch a new mouse I found in the kitchen or wherever and keep it as a pet until my mom caught me and made me give it to dad to be "sent to the pound." Yeah.

What about you guys?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
weirdest i wouldnt know what to say. The most interestig thing about me would be im probably the youngest installer and person to help some on 12volt. As i am only 16 only have a G1 (canada)  and hoep to get a basic MECP certification. I have lots of knowledge and hands on experiance with audio and alarm/starters. I have done over 20 - 30 car audio systems (some fiberglass) and maybe 40 rs/alarm ranging from all years and models. I have been doing this for a few years and it sure is a good trade. It fun too and i use my knowledge to help alot of people.
wolf56 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
about me ehh... well im a perfectionist with a strong hint of ocd, if im working on my car i dont stop till its PERFECT, or if im cleaning/organizing its gotta be done right, ive once made every cup/plate/everything face the same way in a uniform manner, cuz it was all i could think about till it was done
thats not the MOST weird, but it is pretty weird when u see me doing it lol
also if u see me ull think ima punk/stoner/trouble maker
but im actually extremely smart and a computer geek, and ive never smoked in my life and im in the navy, i love surprising people with all that, i can keep and intellectually conversation going with people, and my IQ exceeds 130,
not sure if thats good/bad, ive not taken the test but my cousin did and he was 125 and i dwarf him in intelligence...(he argued with me that running 8-ohms is better than 1 or 2 on a sub, and that the amp will power it better, and 8-ohms sounds the best, im not a expert on it, but if im correct, ohms-resistance, the less resistance=more power, more power=good, RIGHT?) ive gotta print off the rules to prove it to him though, he refuses to admit that he is wrong by saying 8-ohms is the best to run a sub at... he wants me to get an amp that will push 1000rms at 8-ohms... yeah.. i laughed
and alas thats the other weird part of me, i can go on and on about nonsense that no one cares about and often mumble under my breathe about it when they stop listening
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
wolf56 wrote:
about me ehh... well im a perfectionist with a strong hint of ocd, if im working on my car i dont stop till its PERFECT, or if im cleaning/organizing its gotta be done right, ive once made every cup/plate/everything face the same way in a uniform manner, cuz it was all i could think about till it was done
I've known people like you...      LOL
wolf56 wrote:
but im actually extremely smart and a computer geek, and ive never smoked in my life and im in the navy, i love surprising people with all that, i can keep and intellectually conversation going with people, and my IQ exceeds 130, not sure if thats good/bad, ive not taken the test but my cousin did and he was 125 and i dwarf him in intelligence...
But we aren't full of ourselves at all, are we? If you want to compare IQ's mine is a nice even 148, and that is verified. I have taken the tests repeatedly, and this is an average. (It is generally higher than that in the morning, opposite the norm.) Apparently being a 130+ DOESN'T allow or require you to use proper grammar, capitalizations, words and what not. Be careful about what you call yourself, i.e. "computer geek", as some of us who really ARE computer geeks might take exception to that. How do you DEFINE computer geek? How about 7 PCs at home, and you use them all. I have a Domain Controller, running Server 2003 R2, my wife's computer, my laptop (on which, I run LiNUX), my NAS (network attached storage) with 2.1T of USABLE RAID50 space, my new HTPC, and two networked game boxes. I have wireless access that I can share with myself at the park, 200 yards away from me, and I've never been hacked! How about this: your job is a network administrator for TWO doctor's offices, (with a total of 55 users) one of them you administer COMPLETELY remotely. Your day is better than 14 hours long, EVERY DAY, your cell phone never stops ringing with people calling you for advice for themselves or "a friend". You can charge (and GET PAID) $125.00 per hour for on-site service, and be justified in charging rates like that... I was in the Navy as well, and was an electrician... I was a SeaBee for 7 years.
wolf56 wrote:
(he argued with me that running 8-ohms is better than 1 or 2 on a sub, and that the amp will power it better, and 8-ohms sounds the best, im not a expert on it, but if im correct, ohms-resistance, the less resistance=more power, more power=good, RIGHT?) ive gotta print off the rules to prove it to him though, he refuses to admit that he is wrong by saying 8-ohms is the best to run a sub at... he wants me to get an amp that will push 1000rms at 8-ohms... yeah.. i laughed
Well, maybe you shouldn't have laughed, because you're right... You are NOT an expert. Since there is NO SUCH THING as a "better" impedance, and I would personally agree with cousin, here. 8 ohms will allow the amplifier to run cooler, with lower THD, and improved damping factor, for better control of the woofer. From a true audiophile standpoint, 8 ohms or even 16 ohms is "better". More power, by virtue of more current due to low impedance, does not necessarily make a low impedance capable amplifer "better". 1kW into 8 ohms is not unheard of, Bob Carver has had quite a few amps that would do that, I believe he even made one that ran as high as 1.5kWRMS into an 8 ohm nominal load. I have rectified wall current for 170v pk-pk and powered amplifier designs of mine and others, for 3.6kW peak power into 8 ohms. It CAN be done.
Anyway, the weirdest thing about me? I have no internal monologue... I put everything out for everybody to see, and I have no reservations about calling things the way I see them!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
wolf56 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

wow haemphyst, ripping me apart ehh? lol i dont use proper grammar because its easier to type, and im usually typing at school and have to be quick about it. Were apparently not allowed on forums at school?

Im only 18, and everything but full of myself, if you knew my background/family/and the school i goto, you'd realize im one of the most intelligent.

But ripping me apart for no reason isnt exactly nice, escpecially since ive done nothing to you. Im only 18 btw, so of course your smarter and have expierienced more things in life than me.

you may call me as you see me, but dam, be a little nicer about it? or maybe just dont say anything? was it neccessary?

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

Must be an IQ limitation imposed to get Navy duty.  I told them I could swim and even sew on buttons all by myself, but they said the Top Branch should get me.  They took me into the Air Force and wouldn't disclose my IQ score....national security, I presume.

The weirdest thing about me is that I think this is the weirdest thread started by a new member in 12 Volt forum history.  It's weird because I actually thought about it.

wierdest, most interesting thing about you -- posted image.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
Must be an IQ limitation imposed to get Navy duty.  I told them I could swim and even sew on buttons all by myself, but they said the Top Branch should get me.  They took me into the Air Force and wouldn't disclose my IQ score....national security, I presume.
...yeah, the Navy usually wants people of ABOVE average intelligence! ROFL wierdest, most interesting thing about you -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
I guess the weirdest thing about me... I'm asian... But I'm not. Like I have a Twisted Sister poster in my bedroom. Thats how non-asian this asian is.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

The weirdest thing about me: I don't do something until I know it's going to be done right, the first time. Isn't that what you would call a trait of a perfectionist -or just someone really picky?!

At the age of 16 my IQ was over 135 -time and time again. I don't believe IQ should be a factor considered by the average person, so I haven't checked it recently.

Oh and Haem, it was loads more funny reading it in person LOL.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
IQ tests are a great indicator that you know how to do IQ tests (I usually score 170+, BTW)
As far as interesting things? I haven't killed anyone....... yet, I am a skilled musician, live sound tech, and record producer, and can't wait to get out of this industry before I suffer permanent damage to my neck (cervical spondilyosis.... look it up..... and it is something we should all think about in this industry)
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic