2008 corvette remote starter possible?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ankurpatel1982 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Hello Guys,
I am a n00b to this site, so please forgive me if this has been discussed and I did not find it.
My father has a 2008 Corvette Coupe and we are looking to have a Remote Starter and Alarm added to the car for the security and convenience of it.
I spoke with a local installer I have dealt with in the past, and he has never undertaken a install with a Push Button Start like the Vette now has. He is mostly a low-budget install person, never dealing with high-end cars. I am on a search for a good shop in Cleveland, OH, but
Before I start that, I was wondering if it is even possible to remote start these cars???
On my old car I needed a ByPass with a Key, but with no key, I do not know how that would work on the Vette since the remote must be near by to start the car???
Please provide any information you can, because if it is not possible, I would rather not spend the time calling every single high end store in Ohio just to hear that it is impossible.
Thanks for any help in Advance ...
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
It is possible, there are a couple of forums that have threads that discuss this. I do not recall if they are here on the12volt or not. From what I recall from reading through the discussions the brake wire is a potentiometer that has to be simulated when remote starting, and you would lose a remote/key into a 1101T DEI bypass. There are other details that I am not remembering right now but from what I recall it is very "do-able".
Feel like driving to Jersey? 2008 corvette remote starter possible? -- posted image.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
ankurpatel1982 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
It is possible, there are a couple of forums that have threads that discuss this. I do not recall if they are here on the12volt or not. From what I recall from reading through the discussions the brake wire is a potentiometer that has to be simulated when remote starting, and you would lose a remote/key into a 1101T DEI bypass. There are other details that I am not remembering right now but from what I recall it is very "do-able".
Feel like driving to Jersey? 2008 corvette remote starter possible? -- posted image.
So, I would need to make sure the installer uses a 1101T from DEI. Is there anything else that the installer would need? Is the Corvette CAN-SL Compatible??
What is it about the brake wire that is needed? The car is an automatic if that matters?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

Chevrolet 2008 Corvette 2DR Coupe
(Remote Start / Security / GPS)
Remote start / security / GPS
 Wire/Function Colour Location/Description Polarity
 PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT YES PASSKEY / V.A.T.S.   SEE NOTES 
 12 VOLTS Red Ignition harness   + 
 IGNITION Pink Ignition harness   + 
 ACCESSORY Orange Ignition harness   + 
 STARTER Yellow Ignition harness   + 
 KEY SENSE Lt.green Ignition harness   - 
 TACH SIGNAL Blue In White plug on top of engine   AC 
 FUEL INJECTOR Opposite from Pink At any injector on engine   AC 
 LOCK ORANGE / black In driver's door   - 
 This vehicles uses a multiplex doorlock system, therefore the wires must be accessed directly inside the door.
 UNLOCK RED / black In driver's door   - 
 This vehicles uses a multiplex doorlock system, therefore the wires must be accessed directly inside the door.
 DRIVER LOCK MOTOR Gray In driver's door   + 
 DRIVER UNLOCK MOTOR Tan In driver's door   + 
 PASSENGER UNLOCK MOTOR ORANGE / black In driver's door   - 
 DOORPIN Gray/black Above driver's kickpanel   - 
 TRUNK PIN Common with doorpin      
 TRUNK RELEASE Black At trunk release switch   + 
 FACTORY ARM See notes     
 You must pulse the doorpin GRAY/BLACK ( in driver's door or driver's kick) at the same time as lock to arm the factory security.
 FACTORY DISARM Lt.green In driver's door   - 
 BRAKESWITCH White At switch above brake pedal   + 
 PARKLIGHTS Brown At steering column   + 
 HAND BRAKE Tan/white At plug on handbrake lever   - 
 HORN Black At steering column   - 
 CLUTCH SWITCH Yellow At switch on top of clutch pedal   TYPE 1 
 DRIVER WINDOW UP Dk.blue At switch in driver's door   REV POL 
 DRIVER WINDOW DOWN Brown At switch in driver's door   REV POL 
 PASSENGER WINDOW UP Blue or Blue/white At switch in passenger door   REV POL 
 PASSENGER WINDOW DOWN Tan At switch in passenger door   REV POL 
 HEADLIGHTS Tan At light switch harness   + 
 REVERSE LIGHTS Lt.green or Gray DKP in harness to back of vehicle   + 
 DIMMER Gray At BCM     
 VSS WIRE GREEN / WHITE At PCM above battery     
 DATABUS INTERFACE Pin-2(top row from left) Diagnostic plug below dash   DATA 
 V.A.T.S. White In orange tube at steering column   DATA 
Available Notes
Vehicle Notes 
PLEASE NOTE: This vehicle is equipped with V.A.T.S security. Before installing a remote starter please refer to our diagram in ALARM info.
mikvot 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think i would go by that info I listed above. it says 08, but that looks older wiring info. Directechs is listing completely different info. i'll see if i can get it up here for you.

mikvot 
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
12 Volts  RED / black (60A)  +  BCM, C3, pin D1
  The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay block on the passenger floor board under the carpet. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray, C2-72 pin gray, C3-41 pin red, and C4-68 pin gray.

Second 12 Volts      
 Starter  purple (not for remote start)  +  starter or fuse block under hood
 Second Starter  N/A    
 Ignition  pink (not for remote start)  +  BCM, C4, pin C8
  The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay block on the passenger floor board under the carpet. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray, C2-72 pin gray, C3-41 pin red, and C4-68 pin gray.

Second Ignition  N/A    
 Third Ignition  N/A    
 Accessory      
 Second Accessory  N/A    
 Third Accessory      
 Keysense  N/A    
 Data Bus      
 Can Bus High      
 Can Bus Low      
 Can Bus Sw      
 Power Lock  ORANGE / black  -  door lock switch in driver door
 Power Unlock  ORANGE / black  -  door lock switch in driver door
 Lock Motor  lt. GREEN/ black  5wi  dr kick or RCDLR, 16 pin plug, pin B
  The RCDLR (Remote Control Door Lock Receiver) is under the upper dash panel towards the passenger side.

Driver Unlock Motor  tan  5wi  driver kick or BCM, C3, pin A1

Passenger Unlock Motor  tan  5wi  passenger kick or BCM, C3, pin A4

Parking Lights (-)  BROWN / white  -  switch or BCM, C2, pin 5

Parking Lights (+)  brown  +  harness to rear
 Hazards  tan  -  switch or BCM, C2, pin 9

Turn Signal (Left)  lt. blue/white (F), yellow (R)  +  BCM, C1, pin 38 and C3, pin A9

Turn Signal (Right)  dk. blu/wht (F), dk. green (R)  +  BCM, C1, pin 56 and C3, pin A12

Headlight  white  -  switch or BCM, C2, pin 15

AutoLights      
 Reverse Light  lt. green  +  harness to rear or BCM, C3, pin D9

Left Front Door Trigger  gray/black (D), tan/white (P)  -  BCM, C1, pins 51 and 53
  Use both wires and diode isolate each. The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay block on the passenger floor board under the carpet. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray, C2-72 pin gray, C3-41 pin red, and C4-68 pin gray.

Right Front Door Trigger      
 Left Rear Door Trigger      
 Right Rear Door Trigger      
 Dome Supervision  white  -  BCM, C3, pin A10

Trunk/Hatch Pin  ORANGE / black  -  harness to rear or BCM, C1, pin 18

Rear Glass Pin      
 Hood Pin  pink/black  -  pin switch or BCM, C1, pin 69

Trunk/Hatch Release  BROWN / white  -  switch or BCM, C1, pin 71
  The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay block on the passenger floor board under the carpet. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray, C2-72 pin gray, C3-41 pin red, and C4-68 pin gray. The fuel door release is white (-) at the switch on the dash or the fuse/relay block on the passenger floor board under the carpet.

Trunk Release Motor      
 Fuel Door Release      
 Power Sliding Door (Left)  N/A    
 Power Sliding Door (Right)      
 Factory Alarm Arm  factory remote only    
 Factory Alarm Disarm  factory remote only    
 Disarm No Unlock      
 Trunk Alarm Shunt      
 Tachometer  white  ac  cluster or ECM, black plug, pin 48
  The ECM (Engine Control Module) is in the front passenger fender. Have to remove the wheel and the access panel behind the wheel to get to it. For tach, can also go to any ignition coil or fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT pink, brown, or black.

Wait to Start  N/A    
 Neutral Safety      
 Clutch Pedal      
 Fuel Pump      
 Rear Defroster      
 Mirror Defroster      
 Left Front Heated Seat      
 Right Front Heated Seat      
 Speed Sense  dk. GREEN / WHITE    cluster or ECM, black plug, pin 57
  The ECM (Engine Control Module) is in the front passenger fender. Have to remove the wheel and the access panel behind the wheel to get to it. Also found in the radio harness on some models.

Brake Wire  lt. blue  +  harness to rear or BCM, C4, pin D4

Parking Brake  lt. blue  -  parking brake switch or cluster
 Horn Trigger  yellow to tan  -  switch or BCM, C2, pin 14

Wipers  lt. blue (L), lt. green (H)  +  windshield wiper switch
 Left Front Window (Up/Down)  motor part of module    
 Right Front Window (Up/Down)  motor part of module    
 Left Rear Window (Up/Down)  N/A    
 Right Rear Window (Up/Down)  N/A    
 Sun Roof (Open/Close)  purple - gray  +  folding top control switch
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
I would be lying if I said I knew much more than what I have already posted so I am not truly sure.
Unfortunately as mikvot has already shown in both posts there really is not much information out there for the new 'Vette and what is listed is not very helpful.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Esoteric
They work on high end cars. It is located inside a Porsche/Mercedes dealership. I'm not sure if they work on cars not sold through there. May be worth checking into if they are nearby.
ankurpatel1982 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
Esoteric
They work on high end cars. It is located inside a Porsche/Mercedes dealership. I'm not sure if they work on cars not sold through there. May be worth checking into if they are nearby.
Thanks JWorm ... and the rest of you guys ... I think this has helped me a lot, I think it is doable, but has not been done yet ... please give any more info you have if you have it ... I am especially concerned about how to maintain security with the FOB in the car inside of the bypass???

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic