icon

circuit city, installers look here

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
standbackimapro 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Well i dont know if every store has the same display, but we got the GM Radio on display for the differnce between stock and aftermarket speakers
the radio is a gm one out of like a trail blazer or somthing, with the tape and cd player, the power and whjat not is hooekd up, but the screen or anything dosnt come on, and im assuming because its a data radio, does anyone know how to hook it up so it works correctly?
Not ecven the fire dog district manager knows how to do it
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

standbackimapro wrote:

Figures, it's Circuit Citycircuit city, installers look here -- posted image.

ibasspro 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

LOL OMG, R U shure you wanna display a tape & CD unit? Something I doubt you carry anymore. dude, get one of the old nasty looking nissan radios in there LOL or one of the Ford tape units.

on that GM one, it doesn't use +12V to turn it on, as I remember it is 4 or 5 volts, but I do not know the pin. You can TRY grabbing a harness for Saturn, to count the pins, & try it, but who knows if it will work, or just toast the radio. I see so many downsides to using the 200new GM head unit.... is it a BOSE deck?, it already works with their onstar, it also already works with their steering wheel controlls.

I say you accidently hit the radio with a sledge hammer, & ask the next customer that comes in with a dbl din thats easier to interface with if you can keep it. even a mid to late 90's GM deck would be a better call (one with te 1858 harness).

used to be loud, used to be fast...now I am married LOL
chris27 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
look on firedogcar.com.  Do a search in the displays part.  it will give the instructions on how to turn the radio on.  There is a sequence on buttons to hold down and to push to allow the radio to come on. 
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Yea this is why CC loses billions every quarter.  What an incompetent company.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
ibasspro 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, at least CC has dash kits & wire harnesses in the bay!!!
used to be loud, used to be fast...now I am married LOL
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ha ha! How many Circuit City "geniuses" will it take to figure out that its a data radio, and theftlocked at that?

Stupid CC.

lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
go onto the associate forums, they have the answer on how to hook it up in there. and yes it does work.
bumflik 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
standbackimapro wrote:
Well i dont know if every store has the same display, but we got the GM Radio on display for the differnce between stock and aftermarket speakers
the radio is a gm one out of like a trail blazer or somthing, with the tape and cd player, the power and whjat not is hooekd up, but the screen or anything dosnt come on, and im assuming because its a data radio, does anyone know how to hook it up so it works correctly?
circuit city, installers look here -- posted image.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
bumflik wrote:
circuit city, installers look here -- posted image.
BWAHAHAHA!!! I love that picture!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic