icon

sub box carpet

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
killa101 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
There is this carpet that elemental designs has that I really like. The only thing is that it is fairly expensive to buy. Does anyone know of somewhere that has a similar carpet??
sub box carpet -- posted image.
I already used the latex backed carpet from partsexpress but I wasn't to thrilled with it. The glue leaked through and the carpet wasn't as nice as I expected.
One other question, what do you guys use for glueing on carpet?? I used 3M 90 spray but it didn't seem to hold so tight around the corners. I used some contact cement on the parts the 3M spray didn't hold and that seemed to work well. I just wanted to know if it was good to do the entire box with that. I read somewhere that it was a preferred way to put on carpet.
rj_archer 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
hey im not sure on cheap carpets cause im in aus. but for glue i found contact adhesive works pritty bloody good just spray it on and leave it for 10-15min to get nice and sticky and then put it on and smooth out any lumps, or, for my parcel tray i used some liquard nails but u just have to rub for ages but i found contact adhesive is the better stuff to use
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
trying a local paint and carpet store...see if they can get some
s_abercromby 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
i've always used spray adhesive a brand i always see and use is something 77 (can't rememeber the exact name but it works great, spray the carpet and the box let sit for like 30 seconds and then push on, never came off or pealed, looked great to.
killa101 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
I ended up using contact cement. I painted the carpet and the box with it and let it sit for a little bit and then put the carpet on. It worked really well and i will definetly try it next time I do an enclosure.
It ended up working out better then the 3M spray because it was a large enclosure and it would need a couple of cans. Considering how a can of 3M spray is $10-$13 and the single can of contact cement i used was $6.50 I would definetly recommend it. It also didn't soak throug the carpet and it stuck better then when i used the 3M 90 spray.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic