clifford solaris 4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
benno56 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hi folks,

Happened to achieve a new Solaris 4 with an install manual. Most of it looks clear to me, except for the relay that is connected to the handbrake switch and is connected through a 3 Ampere diode to the brakelamps. Looks to me that if one switches on the ignition the diode will be fried or ...................????? Anyone that can give a clear view on this scheme detail ? Howie ??

benno56

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
I've owned 2 x Solaris 4 and I can't remember a relay for the parking brake, the single wire (Blue green?) goes to either the parking brake on an M/trans OR to the reversing light on an Auto/trans. In both cases it senses a neg signal to enable the remote start. Secondly the only connection to the brakelights is via a blue/white to the lamp side of the brake light switch. Again no diodes or relays required. The only diodes or relays are relevant to the vehicles locking system and since you haven't told us what the vehicle is and whether manual or auto I can't help you. N.B. European cars, brown leads for direction indicator lamps, use a 3amp (ie 1N54xxx series diode) on each line with the bar away from the alarm if pos. Otherwise in normal use all 6 lamps i.e. both sides will go off when you use your turn signal in normal driving.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
PS Solaris 4 hasn't been new for about 5 years
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry just realised, that relay is only relevent to cars where you either hold down brake or clutch pedal to start them normally, otherwise forget it.
benno56 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

So this would be for  instance for a Chrysler Voyager with a manual gear. These cars needed the clutch to be engaged when wanting to start as i can recall.

But apart from that, purely theoritical, what would happen to the diode or the fuse if one wired it as stated on the scheme of the Solaris 4 ? Looks to me that the wire coming from the ignition is connected through the relay 87a and 30 , diode to the brakelights .And yes, the Solaris 4 is unused and has not been made for the last 4 years :) Thanks for your replies howie2 !

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Unless you have one of these vehicles ignore the relay, I always connected blue/white to brake light directly and blue/green to parking brake on a manual or rev light feed on an auto, never any problems. doesn't need relays. 
benno56 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie for your answers, but here it is again : what would happen if you connect the blue/green wire, relay and diode as on the scheme of the Solaris 4 ? Does it cause a brief uplightning of the brakelamps and then an exit for the diode in case of too much amperes through it ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic