battery wire for remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uglyb0b 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
hi all-
planning my install of a code ca680 into a 2006 chevy silverado. for the main alarm power on power harness install manual says "battery power (red)" wire goes to contact 12v+ at ignition switch. wiring notes from here says there is a red 40a at ignition harness that i should use.
however, install manual also has a 12awg red off the remote start harness. it is also supposed to goto 12v+ constant at ignition switch.
install manual says to use different 12v+ constants for these 2 if possible.
so my question is - are there 2 12v+ constant/battery wires at the ignition harness i can/should use? if so, does it matter which ones goes to which on the alarm? and if not, is it ok to share or should i go get it somewhere else?
thanks a bunch
uglyb0b 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
and by "contact" above i mean "constant". sorry.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
At ignition if 40 amp then that is good enough, it will replicate the key action.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

it does not matter which 12v wire you decide to use. connecting the two 12v leads together should be okay. The only unit i see that also mentions to use differant 12v supplies is because the other 12v lead is used for voltage sense during remote start. But connecting the two 12v wires to one connection @ ignition harness should be no problem.

saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Incidently there are two 12v+ constant in the igntion harness of the 06 chevy.
uglyb0b 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the replies. i will look for 2 different 12v+ constants when i get started, and if one is a bigger gauge i suppose i will use it for the remote start harness 12v+, and use the smaller for the alarm 12v+ constant. that is of course unless someone thinks i should do differently.
thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic