icon

trunk release to trigger alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
very true stuntinonabusa but I dont have the shock sensor set up to trigger my alarm. I only have it wired to set off the pre warning chirps because my shock sensor would either be way too sensitive or not enough. Is there a way to wire a relay that will disable the trunk release button when armed?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

yea yo uwill break continuit on it.

85 - constant 12v

86 - ground when armed from alarm system.
87 - N/C
87a - trunk wire button side
30 - trunk wire trunk solenoid side

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Tedmond. I have a relay for my trunk release. I have my alarm programed so that if I use my remote to pop the trunk, the alarm gets disarmed at the same time. Would I put this relay (one you mentioned) on the button side of the trunk release relay or on the trunk solenoid side?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

well assuming you placed it at the button, the relay setup i showed you, just wire that in normally. Then take the 12v trigger (aux 1) from your unit and connect that 12v wire to pin 30.

so to break it down for you

negative aux from unit to power relay for trunk release

85 - constant 12
86 - neg aux 1 from alarm unit
87 - high current 12v
30 - to relay 2 Pin 30. or to pin 87 (only if the unit disarms befor trunk pops.

BREAKING CONTINUITY ON BUTTON FOR TRUNK

85 - constant 12v
86 - ground when armed from alarm system.
87 - N/C
87a - trunk wire button side
30 - trunk wire trunk solenoid side

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
I was really hoping I could just keep my trunk release relay in tact. I have the relay because my aux 1 output is negative and the trunk relase wire is positive so I use the relay to convert polarity. I was thinking, couldnt I just wire a relay up, have it connected to the ground when armed output  and place the relay between the trunk release relay and the button? I mean if I was to use the remote to pop the trunk. The power would come from the relay's power wire thus bypassing the other relay. Im not sure but thought it is worth a shot. Any ideas about that?
tedmond 
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
are you saying you want to use only one relay? but that single relay to break continuity on your trunk and pop it at the same time?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
No. Keep the relay I already have installed ( the one that is used to convert the aux to pasotive to pop the trunk. Then install another relay between the first relay and the button that will disable the trunk button inside the car while the system is armed. Since the trunk would be getting its power from the first relay when you push aux 1, the other relay wouldnt effect it (i think). And since I have my alarm programed to disarm when i press aux 1, this should work. Well I hope so atleast?
tedmond 
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
waht i mentioned above is basically what you want to do. keep one relay to change polarity for trunk pop but at the same time break the wire when you arm it.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
Is there anyway to keep the relay for the trunk relase intact just like I do in the picture and then just wire another relay either before or after the 1st relay that would get wired to the ground when armed output. I now understand that the armed output is a negative wire and the trunk wire itself is positive so I would need to convert it. I was just hoping I could keep that relay alone and just add another relay.trunk release to trigger alarm - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Would this work tedmond? Here the relay on the right is exactly how I have my relay for my trunk release. These one on the left is the relay you had mentioned before.

trunk release to trigger alarm - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic