icon

auto headlights and remote state, 05 tita

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big d z 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I thought I had this right. I have a Matrix 50.5X with remote start on an 05 Titan LE, which has auto headlights. I was following the same setup that I found in a search for this here:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=10959&KW=headlights
So I hooked up a relay like so:
86 ---- constant 12v
85 ---- (-) GREEN / WHITE factory re-arm wire (H2/4)
87 ---- ground
87a --- (-) green door trigger input of alarm
30 ---- (-) diode isolated driver door trigger of car (H1/8)
I also have the green input of alarm diode isolated to the 3 other door triggers.
The door triggers the alarm. But after a remote start and then shutdown using the remote, the headlights stay on.
Any idea what I did wrong?
Thanks,
Brandon
big d z 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, crap. I think I figured out the problem. Help me out here with my thinking:
So, before I added the relay for the re-arm wire, I originally had the (-) GREEN door trigger input of the alarm diode isolated to the door trigger of the car. I had the cathode side to the car and the anode side toward the alarm. This would prevent any (-) signals from the alarm going toward the door trigger of the car.
So, when I added the relay, I kept the diode attached to the door trigger of the car and then the anode side of the diode attached to terminal 30 of the relay. I think this is where the problem is. Now, it of course works when the relay is at rest, but when energized by the re-arm wire, the (-) ground signal from terminal 87 is stopped by the diode from reaching the door trigger. So the car never thinks that the door has been opened and thus keeps the lights on.
What I need to do is place the diode with the cathode side on terminal 87a and the anode on the GREEN door trigger input of the alarm.
Is this right??
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

I would wire the relay like this:

86 ---- constant 12v

87 ---- ground
87a --- no connection
30 ---- drivers door pin at BCM (no diodes or anything).

You don't need to tie this to your door trigger, as you are NOT trying to trigger the alarm, you are trying to trigger the OEM BCM.  This circuit should have nothing to do with the door pin security that requires diodes. 

Kevin Pierson
big d z 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

I would wire the relay like this:

86 ---- constant 12v

87 ---- ground
87a --- no connection
30 ---- drivers door pin at BCM (no diodes or anything).

You don't need to tie this to your door trigger, as you are NOT trying to trigger the alarm, you are trying to trigger the OEM BCM. This circuit should have nothing to do with the door pin security that requires diodes.

Umm, what's the difference between drivers door PIN and drivers door TRIGGER? That's the same wire at the BCM, no?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  

I was trying to stress that you need to make your connection before your diodes for the door triggers.  If you connect your wire after the diodes then you'll have the situation that you have now - a system that doesn't do what you want it to do.

Again, the diodes have nothing to do with what you are trying to acomplish and this wire should hooked directly up to the drivers door pin.

Kevin Pierson
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  

Auto light wire is yellow at the white plug at the switch. Open this wire with a relay triggered by ground while running. Lights won't come on.

Daytime running light are lt.GREEN/ YELLOW at the switch as well. You can trigger this the same way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic