icon

08 dodge ram rs bypass ques.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crank71 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a Prostart 3200 in my 08 Dodge Ram. I just received a PKUCH2GX bypass kit and have a few Q's:

1. It came with 2 types of cables for wrapping around the lock cylinder. One has a small looped end, the other has a much large one. Does it matter which one I use? The both will go into either the 1st or 2nd Gen connector on the module...

2. The bypass module has a 1st and 2nd gen connector. I am guessing mine is 2nd gen.

3. The Violet wire from the CH2GX says it goes to the +12V starter input to the RS, and that it goes in parallel with vehicle start wire. The info I have on my truck says that the starter wire is not used for remote start. Just the (-) second starter wire is used. Just leave the the start wire on the RS disconnected?

4. Relay is need for the parking lights?

Thanks in advance...Craig

wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

1....use the one that fits the lock cyl best.

2....correct. 2nd Gen.

3....if it says it's not used, just connect the violet wire to the remote start  "starter output" wire.

4.....Yes, unless you can find the fact relay under the hood. On many of the newer Chrysler products, pin 1 is neg trigger for the lights. You can wire direct if you do it this way.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
crank71 wrote:

I am installing a Prostart 3200 in my 08 Dodge Ram. I just received a PKUCH2GX bypass kit and have a few Q's:

1. It came with 2 types of cables for wrapping around the lock cylinder. One has a small looped end, the other has a much large one. Does it matter which one I use? The both will go into either the 1st or 2nd Gen connector on the module...

It probably doesn't matter but I would suggest keeping the one you don't use available - it might make a difference down the road if the bypass has any issues.

crank71 wrote:

2. The bypass module has a 1st and 2nd gen connector. I am guessing mine is 2nd gen.

That's correct. 
crank71 wrote:

3. The Violet wire from the CH2GX says it goes to the +12V starter input to the RS, and that it goes in parallel with vehicle start wire. The info I have on my truck says that the starter wire is not used for remote start. Just the (-) second starter wire is used. Just leave the the start wire on the RS disconnected?

No. The CH2GX needs that wire connected to the (+) starter output from the RS, in order for its (-) 2nd start/accessory output to work properly.  

In addition, there may be a special way to connect it on a vehicle that doesn't have a regular (+) start wire.  You should wire a 1K ohm resistor to ground in parallel with the (+) starter output from the RS and the violet on the bypass module.

If you need a diagram for how exactly the wire is hooked up, go to  BypassKit's manual for the XK532.  I know the manual doesn't say specifically to do this on a PKU-CH2GX but I would suggest it anyway - it's easy enough to do when bench wiring the remote start.

crank71 wrote:
  4. Relay is need for the parking lights?
   It depends - if you have an auto lamps position on your parking light switch, or if you don't have a (-) parking light output from your RS it is definitely necessary.  If you have a (-) output and no autolamps, you may be able to run the parklight output from your RS through the 1130 ohm resistor directly to the wire on the car.  PM me if you're still confused on the parking lights.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
crank71 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

Okay, Thanks guys.

I was expecting the violet on the bypass to go to some auxillary start output, not the heavy gauge 5 pin RS harness. Thanks, that's cleared up. I will try adding that 1 K resistor to it as that link shows.

I do have a (-) PL output on the RS, but I think it's only rated 500mA. I read somewhere else that the relay is need because if you go direct it can screw up the fog light icon on the dash. I was planning on going thru a relay, but like Wiretapper says, if I can find the fact relay under hood, use that...

Also, not sure about the truck having the autolamps position. I know it's got a 2 position knob...1 turn for PL's, 2 turns for head's and PL's. I'll have to check on that...

Thanks...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic