icon

strange wire i need to find

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
basmoq 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
Alrighty, here is a strange one. I'm looking at a Huatai (cheep japan alarm) a guy installed and trying to solve his problem. it has a remote start that he can't get to function properly (I'll say again, cheep Japan toy). It starts fine but doesn't continue running half of the time. I think the problem is that he followed a wiring diagram he got online and hooked into a tach signal wire (what you would normally do), but his install manual actually says
"battery charging indicator wire or engine oil pressure indicator wire (the polarity of this wire is negative before engine start and positive after engine started)"
This to me would indicate he has the wrong wire, but I haven't seen a system like this and don't know enough about the aztec 02 he has to figure out where the wire would be.
Any suggestions?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

You could get a frequency switch and install it on the tach wire and run the output to the remote starter.

You could hook the input to the fuel pump.

In a pinch you could hook up the (-) when running status output (if equipped) to a relay that goes right back to the remote starter - just to make sure that is what the problem is at least. 

That is a weird one!

Kevin Pierson
basmoq 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
fuel pump is a good idea, that doesn't run when the engine isn't running does it? I'll have to check. I'll play around under the hood at the alternator as well and see if there is a wire on it that does this. I've just never seen anything but tach wires on the rs's I've installed.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
You could go to the dealership and tell them you need to purchase the Oil Pressure switch, they will have to look at a parts breakdown page.  From this you should be able to see where it is mounted.  There will probably be only one wire going to the switch, it will get ground through the engine block.
basmoq 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
sounds reasonable. thanks for the suggestion! I found a few other things to re-wire while I was looking at his system, 3rd ignition was wired as a accessory wire, polarity on the door pin sensor jumper was wrong (explained the alarm going off constantly), and a few other things. Also, if anyone has to work on an aztec, make sure you wire the trunk sensor to the glass sensor and not the drop down trunk gate...
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2008 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

oh man, any generic unit is a IMO an POS. they are super PITA units. well anyways, the unit has 2 programmable engine detection.

1) Oil Pressure Light

2) Alternator or electrical NOISE (kind dumb IMO)
i have installed a TLD (generic from china for myself since i got it free so wth, might as well) the unit has no tach sense or voltage so i had to use the oil pressure light. thing is, not all cars have this light and some cars, the light doesnt turn off for a min so that causes SUPER grinding. Its not real time so no matter what, you will also get grinding as the unit does now know when to stop starting.
take the OIL PRESSURE LIGHT and wire that with your ignition. you car will start and maybe it will prevent the grind but i doubt it. oil pressure lights are grounded out when they are ON, and switch to 12v when they turn off (tells starter unit to stop cranking)  but as i mentioned they do not offer REAL TIME crank/engine monitoring.

basmoq 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2008 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged  

lol, that explains a lot.  I'll have to see what I can do to find one, maybe slip someone a $20 at the local shop... 

I'm so glad I went with the viper 5900 in my car, no problems with that unit

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic