icon

JBL or Rockford

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Wantofok 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2003 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
I see a majority rule towards the Rockford amp, but the JBL is still a decent amp and a good bang for your buck. But with rockford you'll be getting more reliability and a cleaner signal. Proving that you get what you pay for. So if you're on a budget go with the JBL, if not...go Rockford.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2003 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
cleaner signal???
you do realize that we are talking Class D amps here, not Class A/B...there is no such thing as a clean class D, or you would be able to use them to run highs too...
I would personally go with the JBL, because the BD series are pretty notorious for grenading...the powervalve also does the same power at 1 and 2 ohm, and will deliver more power at 2.66 ohms than the Rockford will...
do you guys not think that the JBL amps are somewhat underrated too? one guy claims 1280W, and I know the JBL puts out more than that, and the other guy claims 1150W...so what he said was almost irrelevant, because the JBL claims 1200W and is underrated as well...
unless you really hate the cosmetics, buy the JBL...it is a more powerful amp, and IMO more reliable as well...a bunch of the local salesmen are disappointed in the number of warranty claims and returns due to faulty product in regards to the BD series amps...
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2003 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Only thing i'll say about the JBL Amps is 1 10" sub in a ported box 148.5 SP, Would you like to talk to the owner of the truck?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic