icon

combine shock and glass sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

combine shock and glass sensor -- posted image.

What I want to do is use my shock sensor, but only its warn away chirps. So to do this wouldnt I cut the blue wire? I then want to wire up the glass sensor so that I have it just like the picture. Would this be correct? I am just afraid that by doing it the way the picture shows it, that if I get a hard impact on the vehicle, that not even the warn away chirps will sound because the car had hard enough of an impact that the trigger wire would be used. So if thats the case, would I want to then diode the blue  sensor side to the white wire from same sensor? Thank you in advace.

ralphtonka 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
if just alarm, no rs then wire blue from glass break to hood trigger. mount mike for glass sensor centrally  and test by tapping a 10mm socket on glass
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
No I do have a remote start
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Actually lets forget about the glass sensor right now. I want the shock sensor to only provide warning chirps. No matter how I have the sensor adjusted, it seems to be giving false impacts or doesnt do anything. So I want to just allow warning chirps, reguardless if its a very hard impact (which would sound alarm) or medium impact (which would sound warn away). Now I do know the blue wire is full trigger and the white wire is warn away chirps. So would I simply cut the blue wire? The only thing I am concerned about is this: Lets say pre warn and full alarm trigger each have their seperate thresholds. In order for warning chirps to sound, there must be a light to medium impact. In order for the full alarm trigger to sound, there must be a hard impact. So does this mean that if I get a hard impact, that nothing will sound because I have the blue wire cut? See I dont know if I get  warning chirps and then a full alarm sound, or if I just get full alarm sound. Understand?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Starting with the exact make and model of the system and sensors would be a good idea. Some systems use a multiplex system others use separate triggers.
You are saying your system has dedicated warn away full trigger inputs. If this is truly the case and you only want warn away, so hook both of the outputs from the shock sensor to the warn away input and you should be fine. You will need to diode isolate each of those triggers to ensure they do not feed into each other. This would also apply to any other sensors you want to add into the circuit.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Asianwolf 8000RS has a port for the shock sensor to plug directly into. I am able to disable the sensor for reasons like strong wind and stuff like that. So this would work out perfectly. Simply cut both the white and blue wires. Then diode each wire from the shock sensor to the white wire running to the alarm. Then if I want to install a glass sensor, I can run that blue trigger wire to the blue wire that wasnt being used by the shock sensor. Then run both sensors grounds together. But run the glass sensor's constant 12V to another source (not the shock sensor 12V). Another question.... Since I have a port for the shock sensor and since I have remote start on that alarm, would my shock sensor be disabled during remote start? Thank you twelvolts for replying.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
audioman2007 wrote:
Since I have a port for the shock sensor and since I have remote start on that alarm, would my shock sensor be disabled during remote start?
Yes, the sensors connected to this port should be bypassed during RS. It appears as if everything you have listed is correct. Make sure you diode isolate the sensors and you should be good to go.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
I wired everything up and gave it a try. First off, I did not have to use the blue wire at all. I could have simply used only the white wire. My shock sensor is set up to give 5 warning chirps on light impact. On harder impacts, the alarm first sends the 5 warning chirps and then give the full alarm sound. So running the blue with the white was pointless. I also tested the sensor with the remote start and its bypassed during it. I also have a 10 second delay from the time I arm till my sensors finally work. So that will work great with the glass break sensor. So to hook that up, just simply run that blue trigger wire to the shock sensor blue input on the alarm, tie both grounds from the sensors together, run the power wire to a constant 12 volts (not the shock sensor power wire). What size fuse should I use? Where would be a good place to mount the mic? I have roughly 2 feet worth of mic cord. I was thinking of mounting the mic up underneath the bottom of my heater controls. Would this work?
ralphtonka 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
temp position mike and test sensor w/ 10 mm socket tapped on glass, adjust mike position as required or extend wire harness if needed
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
what size fuse should i use? Im thinking about getting more sensors and running all power wires off 1 fuse.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic