icon

speakers good or bad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
michael213 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

So I was looking at some American Bass subs, the XD series. i never heard of them are they good or bad? Also I am running one Rockford T10001BD amp and would like to get two twelves, any recomendations?  What about pioneer the TS-W3000 series any good?  Was trying to keep my budget tight till i get a better job.  Also There is a kicker L5 series 15" any good?

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

michael213 wrote:
i never heard of them

Me niether.

michael213 wrote:
pioneer the TS-W3000 series any good

I don't know about this specific woofer really, but Pioneer in general should be avoided.

michael213 wrote:
Was trying to keep my budget tight till i get a better job. 

Yea I know that feeling.  How tight are you keeping your budget?  What does a Rockford T10001BD do exactly?  I don't really feeling like looking it up.  Post a link to the owners manuel.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
michael213 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

I would like to stay under 400 for a box and subs. Really wanted two 12's, i was thinking if i could get one decent 12 for now and then get the same one to have two later i would do that. here is the link for that RF amp http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=7&family_id=22&item_id=95251&locale=en_US&p_status=

it is pretty true with power, i already blew up a rms 800w poweraccustic sub running at 1ohm with the gain hardly up. So i need something big,

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
michael213 wrote:
it is pretty true with power, i already blew up a rms 800w poweraccustic sub running at 1ohm with the gain hardly up. So i need something big,
Ummm... blowing up an 800 watt furry turd PowerAcoustik sub with a "1000 watt" amplifer, that's REALLY not saying much. I've seen those woofers blow with WAY less power.
Also, what enclosure was it in? A poorly built or mis-sized enclosure can DRASTICALLY reduce the power handling capabilities of a woofer. You could have conceivably blown that woofer with 300 watts.
Generally speaking, I don't believe RF specs any more than many other amplifier brands. Sure they USED to be good, but they ain't all that anymore.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
michael213 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Well thanks for the insults, The box is 1.5 cu ft slot port 1 in high dens wood and double stacked on the top. Sorry it's a bad sub. So I will just go with the memphis HO's then thanks for all the help.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
he wasn't insulting you in any way...merely correcting your statement.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic