2007 chrysler 300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kdogg 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

Well here goes....

I searched around the site and found a lot on the 2005 and 2006 but I have an 2007 Chrysler 300 I am fighting with. I put in a Galaxy 5000rs-2w-1 and am having problems with remote start. I got the car to start but only on the second start attempt (the first start attempt it would start but then die after 3-4 seconds) .I didnt use the tach wire because this is usually unreliable. I am wondering if its in the relays on the 2nd start and ACC or if my bypass module is to blame. I wired in the 180 and 610 resistors on these and would assume they are right or the car wouldnt start.  When the car does start I get the old "Check engine" and have to reset it. I had the car starting on the second attempt consecutively but who wants thier car to do that? Plus after I put everything back together it stopped starting and running on the 2nd attempt and went back to the starting and dying after 3-4 seconds (why I thought it might be in the PVC ring from the bypass). Its really tight trying to get the PVC ring from the bypass in there and still be able to get the ign housing cover back in place. Have the resistor values changed going to this year? I noticed the dash lights would come on and then go off before it tried to remote start, shouldnt they stay on thru this? I have even stuck the key in the ign during remote starting and it will still run and die after 3-4 seconds.  Anyway any help here would be great.

kdogg 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

Well after several hours I got it to work...I ended up downloading 2 different schematics of which niether of them worked (1 would start the car on the second try and kick in the old "Check engine light") and the other would start the car but the gauges would be dead after start and even when you kicked out the remote start. I ended up having to wire in a relay that would be grounded while the car was not running to the 2nd ign. and then break ground after it had remote started (so the gauges would start working). I ended up using a total of 6 relays for this car altogether.

2 for lock and unlock thru resistors.

1 for trunk release.

3 for remote starting.

Glad I finally got it done thought because I have a lot of people with 300's that want the remote start.

Latersssssssssss

corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
next time try an ibuchgx2 from omega dei has a similar one it does the second starter acessory and the transponder would probably save bought an hour and a half on the install time.  they also make another one that does the door locks
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic