icon

fixing clutch wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
I need to fix my clutch wires. To connect them to my alarm, so it bypasses only on rs. I have heard that I can connect my alarms heavy gauge +purple starter wire to one of my 2 clutch wires, which are blue / YELLOW and black(Not sure of the polarity). Or I can connect the starter output wire -violet to one of the 2 clutch wires. I already have it bypassed so spare me the flamming. I'm just looking for a safer way to bypass it.
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
  you need to be sure you are using a remote start that is capable of safely starting a manual transmission vehicle.  anyone can make it work, but if you are looking for help here, you will only be told how to do it properly.  whats the make/model of remote start, and make/model/year of vehicle? 
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
I won't flame anyone, but the moderators will lock or delete any posts that are related to remote starting a manual-transmission car in an unsafe way.
However, regardless of which type of remote starter you're installing, you'd have to test the wires at the clutch switch to determine how the factory circuit operates.
What does each wire do with the clutch pedal up, with the clutch pedal down, and while cranking the starter with the key? Are the wires thick or small.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
07mustanggt has already posted in his multiple other threads about this install that he is using a DEI unit along with the 689m manual transmission interface.
Connect a relay as follows:
86 - constant +12v
85 - connect to (-) starter output of relay pack. It is in a 4 pin harness that plugs into the relay pack. It will be a skinny purple wire.
87 - connect to one of the wires going to the clutch switch that you previously tapped onto
30 - connect to the other wire going to the clutch switch you previously tapped into
The clutch will work as normal when it is not remote started. When the remote start goes to crank the engine, it will trigger the relay and connect the two clutch wires together. After the remote start is done cranking the car, the relay will return to rest.
This thread is much more likely to get locked because you have created multiple threads relating to the same install. Keep all questions in the same thread. It avoids clutter and prevents you from having to explain things over and over again. It is also in the forum rules.
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Jworm thank you very much for the help. Now I can finish this and be done with my install forever.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
You need to read the instructions on the 689M.  It gives an output to the clutch wire.... You would have to test.  JWorms method works but the 689M already has outputs for that.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic