the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

horrible service from vonage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know if anyone has ever personally dealt with Vonage, but they SUCK. I had it in my last apartment for about 6 months while I lived there, and I think it actually worked at MOST a total of 1 month during that time. It would either break up so badly that nobody could understand me, or most of the time it just gave me a blank signal completely... as if it werent hooked up. Well when I moved back in August, I called in the middle of July and asked that it be cancelled effective August 1st. When August comes and I noticed a $30 charge from Vonage... I let that one go thinking maybe it was just from the month before. But then in Sept. I got another $30 charge. This time I called and after arguing for about 15 minutes I finally got them to cancel it... so I thought. Basically when I would ask for a confirmation number, they said that there was no confirmation, and that it would just be cancelled. Well October comes around and the same $30 gets automatically deducted from my account. Once again I call, and the same thing happens. Well this goes on until last night when once again I called because of the 6th $30 charge being taken from my account. This time I sat there arguing with the person for over 45 minutes trying to get them to cancel. Basically she told me that I could not cancel because there were giving me 1 month free to compare it to my Time Warner. I explained that I did not want the free month and that I just wanted it cancelled. She repeated her exact same response atleast 5 more times with my same response every time. Finally I get her to go ahead and cancel it. I then ask to have atleast some of my money reimbursed since they illegal withdrew the money from my account, and she said "that will never happen." I was completely astounded by her absolute horrific response. I am not one to get aggrevated, or ever aske to speak to a manager, but this lady just had me completely fuming. When I asked to speak to the manager, she said that she was the highest manager in the company. Even when I said "so you are the president of Vonage" she even said "YES"!?!?! She then told me that I would never see that money and that my account was cancelled. And then told me to have a nice day and hung up on me. I was completely astonished at the complete lack of any customer service.
Sorry for the long post, but I really needed to rant. I received an email late last night saying that my account was cancelled so hopefully this will be the true end to it. I am going to talk to my bank on my next day off to see if there is anything I can do, but since they do not offer confirmations, and I dont have a phone recorder, I doubt there will be anything they can do, but I sure hope so. If anything else, consider this a warning to anyone who ever thinks of getting vonage.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yup, they do.  We got out of it before they got too desperate.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
shold went to bank and told them not to send payment or change acc number i had to do that few years back. you cant ( not to my no how) to get money back unless u can prove that you told them to cancel at that one time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic