icon

530t and 05 titan window gone crazy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big d z 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I have a big problem with the operation of the driver window now.
I have the 530T install. Using channel 4 of my Matrix 50.5X, the window rolls down. When I arm the system, the window rolls up. So, it seems to be working for that.
But what is really screwed up is the operation from within the truck using the truck driver switch. I can no longer roll the window down partially. The drivers control has auto windows, so the switch has two ways to move the window. Just slightly pressing the switch till there's some resistance causes the window to move until you release this pressure and the window stops where its at. To auto-roll it, I had to push the switch all the way down pass this resistance with a "click". Then the window moved the full extent.
What's happening now is odd behavior.
1) If I just slightly press the switch (in either direction) and hold it to move the window, nothing happens. When I release it the window it moves the whole way. I cannot just move the window partially and make it stop.
2) If I push the switch past the click to make the window auto-up, the window moves up a few inches or so and stops.
3) If the window is a few inches from the top, and I push past the click to make the window go up, when it reaches the top, it then rolls back down automatically.
There's all kinds of crazy going on.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
I believe you have to catch the wiring at the motor itself, not the switch, when they are the one touch windows. Its been a while since I've used this mod, but if you look in the manual, it should say something about this I think. Any one else feel free to correct me on this one.
harrisell1 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

I would catch the wiring right at motor in each door if you want 1 touch automotion up and down.

electronics

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic