icon

2004 trailblazer tach wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jslayton 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a remote start on a 2004 Trailblazer and it says that pin 49 on the blue plug on the PCM is for the Tach, but pin 49 doesn't have a wire coming out of it??? Is this normal??
Also, the remote start that I am using has three wires for unlock and three wires for lock. The three wires are labeled 87, 87a, and 30. The GMDL-BP module that I have says that it needs a ground pulse for the unlock input and ground pulse for the lock input. If I read the relay diagram correctly, I should be able to connect the 30 from the lock and 30 from the unlock to the corresponding wire on the GMDL-BP, then ground the 87 wire on both the unlock and lock set and it should pulse ground, correct?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
You are correct for the door locks. There is only one white wire in the blue plug of the PCM. This is the tach wire. Do not use the WHITE/ black wire.
sparky
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

theres one of 2 tach wires for this car depending on the engine.

4.2L: The PCM is attached to the driver side of the engine. Tach is in the blue plug, pin 49. 5.3L: The PCM is near the lower front driver side of the engine. Tach is in the green plug, pin 10.

Cris
jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
The pins are numbered on the back of the connector once and pin 49 has no wire. So I should just find the white wire?? Also, on this car, what can I use for the door trigger. The dome lights have a delay on them, so I don't think I can use that can I?
jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong pin, I found the tach wire, but still need to know about the door trigger.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
DOORPIN SEE NOTES     
 You can use the GRAY/BLACK at the courtesy light under the dash or the light over the driver's side door to catch all doors and the rear hatch. The seperate doorpins are: GRAY/BLACK-driver's door (located in driver's door), BLACK/ WHITE-passenger door (located in passenger door), LT.BLUE/BLACK-left rear door, LT.GREEN/ BLACK-right rear door (both found at the fusebox under the rear seat on the driver's side. All wires are negative (-) polarity.
jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, two more questions. My alarm has two outputs for parking lights. Both output 12 volts. I was wondering if I could connect one of them to the hazard wire and then one to the headlight wire, or would I need to connect directly a parking light wire??
2nd question, do these cars come with a factory system? My mom said that she has opened the doors without unlocking them first and the horn started beeping, but she doesn't have a keychain module with it.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

Parking lights are (POS)+ Brown under the steering column. Use just that one. Use the output thats stated for "parking light flash"

How do you open a door with out unlocking it? 2004 trailblazer tach wire -- posted image.

Your bypass should control the arming, and disarming of the factory security.

jslayton 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
I don't see a courtesy light under the dash. Is it on the driver side or passenger??
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

1)Thanks, two more questions. My alarm has two outputs for parking lights. Both output 12 volts. I was wondering if I could connect one of them to the hazard wire and then one to the headlight wire, or would I need to connect directly a parking light wire??

the reason there might be 2 parking light outputs is because some cars have 2 independant flashers eg one controls front and other for rear or left.right.

2) 2nd question, do these cars come with a factory system? My mom said that she has opened the doors without unlocking them first and the horn started beeping, but she doesn't have a keychain module with it.

well gee, i wouldnt know how you open a door without unlocking...im just as confused kartuneman ! anyways, the only reason it would HONK is because the factory arm is still set and hasnt been disarmed. the car/factory alarm thinks some1 broke in and it will wail on you.  as KTM mentioned, the GMDL-BP should be able to diarm/arm it for you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic