icon

viper 550h alarm goes when remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dre5001 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2008 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

i just bought a 95 gmc truck that had a 550 h installed, there were some wires cut under hood, put everything back the way that it look like it should go ( length of wire, color, so on ,so on) i got it put back together or so i thoght. alarm arms and  disarms, locks doors and unlocks, led blinks, but when i use remote start it starts truck then alarm goes off  wth!!!!!!!   i did a search and did not see anyone with this problem so here's the 1st post on this. also my dome lights dont work in truck also, same issue or mybe different issue,  ( truck was bought from local police auction, was used for a few years a undercover NARCOTICS  vehicle so this might be why theres no inside lights) would this cause alarm to go off in remote start? do i need to relearn Brain? ( being it was disconneted for a few years)

thanks in advance for your help.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
Is this alarm and remote start controlled by the same unit? or does the remote start have a separate remote?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
dre5001 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  

it the same unit, i push 1 and 2 button to remote start, i was thinking is it possibble the alarm is going off because something is wrong with inside lights , loose wire or something. mybe it thinks the door is open or something just a thought. i had found this if it helps you help me http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N550hf.pdf

i dont understand all of it, but mybe someone else will also found this http://http://www.viper.com/Support/Guides/Default.aspx                  viper 550h alarm goes when remote start -- posted image.

aaronrs4 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
With the doors closed, when you arm the alarm, the siren should chirp once. Does the siren chirp another time shortly after the first "arming chirp"? My reason for asking this, is because if you arm the DEI systems with the dor triggers activated, it will ignore the input and give you a chirp to confirm this action... Anyway, open the door and test to see if the alarn goes off. If all that tests out ok, then your door triggers are ok. The next thing I would check is your shock sensor. If you unplug it and retest the system, does the alarm still go off? If this is a full size pickup, I know there are issues with both sagging doors and poorly placed and poorly designed door pins that frequently go bad. That was my reasoning for checking the alarms response to the doors first.... Let me know what you find.
Install it like everyone will see EVERY part of it.
dre5001 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

i was screwing around with it, no it does some crazy doodie, still does the thing alarm goes off with remote start, but know the new thing when you disarm it and doors unlock alarm goes off with only half the sound ( not all the way loud) open door it goes away. push dome light button in truck it comes back on.  answer to question above when i arm it it goes "wooo wooo wooo" in half the sound ( no chrip), when i disarm it , it "chrips".

i unplugged the brain for a little while, i'll plug back in to see if that changed anything.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged  

It sounds like either the alarm brain or the siren, or both, may be grounded improperly.  I've heard sirens sounding at low volume when an alarm was grounding through them before.  A bad ground would additionally tend to cause other weird problems, so I'd suggest you check that out as well.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
dre5001 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
it warm up here a little today was able to screw around some more. there was a ground disconnted, all is well!!! thanks for your help.  can lock this topic thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic