icon

sound proofing van

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vogey 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
 am currently restoring/fixin up a 76 e-250 4x4 ford van. it has no windows in the back, one window behind the drivers seat and a sliding door, i may ormay not be replacing the back doors with A one peace fiberglass gullwing door,  and im puting a power sunroof in the back, where i am building a u bench with back rest that folds down into a bed (the table) and in the back rest im putting 4 12's and 4 15's and them im gonna put 16 6.5's through out the van, now if you can beleave it this is all gonna have to be done on a "budget" lol, ive searched the forums and it looks like peel n seal is terrible, rattmatt is really good (and not too too pricy) and grace ice sheild is not that bad, what im planning on doin is usin the grace ice sheild on every square inch of the sheet metal, maybe even doublein it up, covering it with spray on bed liner, then puting of insulation and closed cell foam over that and puttin up all the panels (with ice sheild on the back sides of those) and as for the floor it will be layers of ice sheild, spray on bed liner, plywood (in the back atleast) inslution and carpet i want to really really insulate the dog house inside and out, and the fire wall, do you think it will work?
"I can see down your shirt" *its painted on the bottom of my f-250's door*
speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
I can’t see how you can go wrong with all of that sound deadener. Though I have to say that it might not entirely suppress the sound of the screaming kids in the back. Just kidding, It had to be said.
vogey 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
lol, no kids for me, not for a long time *knock on wood*
"I can see down your shirt" *its painted on the bottom of my f-250's door*
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

Good one Speakermaker.   

bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  

speakermakers wrote:
I can’t see how you can go wrong with all of that sound deadener. Though I have to say that it might not entirely suppress the sound of the screaming kids in the back. Just kidding, It had to be said.
Groan... come on now dear... If anything, the only people outside would be saved... The poor guy inside would be stuck with all the noise and nothing to destroy the sound. I kinda feel bad for him now.... T-T

hehe.... ^-^

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic