icon

viper 5002 and 506t bypass chirp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fusqer 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
First, this topic is sort-of covered in another post, but it says topic locked so I cannot reply there. Sorry for creating a new thread but I don't know what else to do.
Anyways, I have a 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 speed Manual (6MT). I recently got a Viper 5002 installed by a authorized retailer (www.customsounds.com). I added the glass break sensor, a piezo siren in the cabin, and battery backup. After it was installed there were two problems I noticed:
1) the horn did not sound with the full alarm trigger
2) there was a bypass chirp after arming (but if i waited about an hour or two, disarmed, re-armed, i have no bypass chirp).
I took it back to the shop and spoke with the installer. He told me he hooked up the piezo directly to the horn wire, because if he hooked up the piezo to the siren, the siren chirps cause the glass break sensor microphone to trigger a bypass when arming. He was confused that the glass break sensor was causing a bypass anyways.
I told him I do want the horn to sound with full trigger of the alarm, and I want the piezo siren activated with the main siren (thats how it should be right?) I mentioned why not put the glass break sensor microphone on a delay so it begins detecting after the actual arming point. He told me he will call directechs when he returns to work on Tuesday, January 22, 2008. Meanwhile, I wanted to ask you guys if you had similar experiences.
Other questions I have: to which wires should the piezo tap into? doesnt it have its own dedicated port on the 5002? or does it tap into the main siren? My main concern is if a thief cuts the siren wire, I want another siren to continue to blare. What if the thief cuts the wire that tells the main siren to start sounding? If thief cuts that wire in line to the piezo, isnt the piezo disabled as well? What is the workaround to this?
I am thinking I should have gotten the 515r instead of the piezo. But none of the stores in my city had the 515r in stock, I don't think they carry it. Anyways, thanks in advance!
2007 Infiniti g35, Viper 5002
fusqer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Also, I just sat inside the car armed it (heard the bypass chirp), saw that the LED indicates zone 7 (as opposed to 4, zone 4 is what i understand the glass break sensor should be hooked up to?). I jingled my keys in the car and it set the alarm off, and on my remote it displayed a "7" and not the glass break icon.
Also, I armed the alarm pressing aux first, so that the chirps are muted. The bypass was still triggered because the LED flashed 7 times right after arming...
fusqer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
how do i change what zone the glass break sensor responds to? if i get it to zone 4, will it show up on the keychain as the glass breaking icon? can i just move the input 4-wire harness from the glass break sensor to the 5002 brain to the other port? (theres two sensor input ports).
GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Take it back to the installer. If you mess with it you're going to void your warranty and you will be even less happy than you are now.
GDK Electronics
Home theatre & mobile electronics installations
Winnipeg, MB
fusqer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
i am but i want to be fully educated before going back because im sure they will give me the run around, etc. i wouldnt be surprised if they just turned the bypass notification off, lol
fusqer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
wow i just discovered a new problem. man, viper sucks. so i sat in the car and armed it. i banged my fist on the window to see how sensitive it was. the alarm responded with the warning chirps and i could see that on my keychain; but then instantly right after the warning chirps, the glass break sensor went off due to the chirps of the siren! thats just sad that this high tech sensor is tripped off by its own siren...
the glass break sensor has been nothing but a nuisance, its the root of the problem of the bypass as well. maybe i should just get it removed and get a 515r or 508d.
fusqer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
when the glass break sensor is triggered, my remote doesnt show the icon for glass breaking, instead it just says "7" and "sensor" . how do i make it correspond to the icon?
fusqer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
i took my car back to the shop and everything is fixed :D :D :D
the glass sensor, piezo siren in the cabin, horn, and all chirps work perfectly in tandem with each other, no bypasses!! if anyone is still interested in knowing how to do it, let me know.
the only thing the tech couldn't do was program the icons to correspond with the channels on the remote, but thats just a aesthetic problem :) he said he coudlnt do it because their bitwriter's software is too old.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic