icon

neutral safety switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chaos420 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

My girlfriend bought me a remote start system for my car (valet 561r).  I'm ok with 12 volt electronics so i'm pretty sure I can hook it up with no problem.  However, I have a Stick shift and have no idea how to bypass the neutral safety switch.  I don't want it disabled all the time, I just want the remote start to engage the switch when I push the button.  No shop that I called will do this for me, because of liability reasons (I understand).  I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer, does anybody know how to hook this up? and where is the neutral safety switch and/or wire located?

brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
The membership of this board will not assist you. The reason is that your starter is NOT designed to be installed in a vehicle with a manual transmission.
You can purchase a starter designed for a manual tanny (Ultrastart, Prostart, and Compustar) or you can buy an add-on device to do this (DEI)
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Get a 689m from DEI to make this work.....if not then the post will be closed.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
contact your local mitsubishi dealer and find out if your vehicle has a factory neutral safety switch. Some newer vehicles are coming out with it. If so, then you can connect the BLACK/ white nss to the wire they give you. Then when everything is installed, make sure you are in the car with plenty of room in front of you for the first test... just incase it decides to go into gear. IF there is no neutral safety switch available, then do not install the unit w/out the proper safety device.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

enice wrote:
Get a 689m from DEI to make this work.....if not then the post will be closed.

THIS is the proper safety device..........

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
correct me if I am wrong, but if by slim chance the vehicle does have a factory NSS wire, by connecting this wire, wont this make it 100% safe to install? If I am wrong, then please delete my original post.
Thanks
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
You do not need a NSS wire when using the 689M

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic